• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root factory reset by mistake after rooting

Avi0304

hi,
I rooted my htc one s and have a recovery clockworkmod and also installed a custom rom and all was working fine but accidentally once instead of going to recovery i pressed the button on factory reset and everything is gone. now i cannot start up my phone. please help. need it badly. it will show the white htc phone and nothing will happen. please advise. thanks a lot in advance.

Welcome to the site, you should be able to get the help and advice you need here, please try not to cross post, I deleted your other post as this is where the question should be asked since you are rooted, cheers

Nope... All I could figure out is that my phone do not have any ROM at this moment... Idk what to do... Any help will be very much appreciated... I just need to turn it back once and then I can fix it myself... But I don't know what I should flash and how to turn it back on... I have clockworkmod recovery... Please advice guys!!!!

You should be able to reflash your rom if you can access cwm recovery.

Just wipe all (system, data, cache, dalvik--don't wipe internal storage/sd)

Then just install the rom again same as before.

That's the thing... I had hit factory reset by mistake and now the backup folder that I ve created is not there nymore... So basically my ph is like brans new... I just need to know how to make it turn back on. Thanks :)

Can you go into the bootloader (volume down+power) and the select fastboot?

Then plug the phone in and use fastboot to run this command: fastboot getvar all

Can you copy/paste the results from that please? I'd like to help you select an RUU from HERE if possible. (Please don't post the IMEI though; erase that number before submitting your reply here)

-----------------------------------------------------

Also, can you still access CWM recovery through the bootloader? If so, is there an option in there to mount storage? You may be able to transfer a rom back to the phone's internal storage if CWM lets gives you r/w access to the storage.

If you can transfer your rom.zip back to the phone, you should be able to install it again in CWM recovery.

C:\android>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.15.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.11.50.05.28
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.16.631.8
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: FA2BWW401791

(bootloader) product: vle
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8960
(bootloader) modelid: PJ4011000
(bootloader) cidnum: ROGER001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4064mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-64bedd38
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.069s

above is my the info you requested, and thanks a lot man for all your help very much appreciated...

yes i can access cwm... let me try to do transfer my rom.zip... i will post you here what results i get...
thanks again :)

i searched in the backup that i did initially but there is no zip file,... all I have are boot.img, .android_secure.vfat.tar.a, cache.ext.tar.a, nandroid.md5, recovery.img, recovery.log, system.ext4.tar

if you find the rom will you please let me know? and also how to install that through fastboot pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassse? thanks a loooot buddy

What I mean by the rom.zip is the custom ROM that you installed before. I know that you wiped the internal storage, but what I mean is can you transfer it from the pc back from the pc to the phone again?

I have never used cwm recovery but I was wondering if it will allow you to access the internal storage while the phone cannot boot up.

If you can transfer the file, you should be able to install.

You might be able to use adb to push the file to your internal storage as well.

Something like:
adb push rom-name.zip /sdcard/rom-name.zip

I just got home from work and trying to do dinner with the family. I wanted to get you a reply real quick while you're online.

Try and see if you can manage to put a rom.zip on the phone to install through recovery.

In a little bit I'll start looking at the RUU files and see if there is one available for you.

Well it doesn't look like there is an RUU that will work. One is close but has a lower main version.

I still think adb should work to push a file to the internal memory, if cwm doesn't allow you to transfer files.

I'll PM Scotty85 as well to remind him of this thread. He'll probably have a trick or two up his sleeve.

i am trying to push the zip file to my phone but i cant find it in cwd... please keep me posted as to what your friend says and hopefully it will turn back on... thanks man

hiii now my ph wont get connected to my laptop... when i tap on turn on usb storage on my ph it keeps on circling and wont stop... any idea whys that?

To be safe, go into cwm, and do an advanced wipe.

Wipe system, data, cache and dalvik, then flash the rom again.

Just want to make sure you have a good clean install. If the problem persists after that, we'll have to look at other options.

Back
Top Bottom