• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Factory reset from cyanogenmod?

Hi,
I have a couple questions:
1. If I do a factory reset using ClockworkMod, does it do anything to WebOs? I essentially want to do a clean install of Android, but I don’t want to lose my data/setting in WebOs.
2. Is it best practice to do a factory reset whenever I update to a new version of Android

Upvote 0
1. If you format data when installing your rom, that is the same as a factory reset. Otherwise you can do it from settings... backup & reset. It only affects webOS if you also format sdcard.

2. I factory reset when the rom's developer recommends it. You should always reset when changing to a different rom. Many roms will say to do it for certain milestones, like when Android version changes (like 4.0 to 4.1 or 4.2).

So why are you posting this in the Nook Color forum? What device do you have, HP Touchpad? :D

Upvote 0
Hi.
I'm searching the net a couple of times and I was hoping someone could help me here.
You see I have a Motorola Backflip running in Cyanogenmod.
Backflip - 2.3.4 with Cyanogenmod 7.
I wanna remove the Cyanogenmod because it makes the phone slower. Any help? I was thinking of using the factory reset (settings > privacy > factory reset) but I am kinda hesitant on doing it. I don't know what to do. Anyway, any help would be really much appreciated.
I'm planning to give the phone as a gift that's why I wanna remove the cyanogenmod.

Upvote 0
First of all, this isn't the best forum to be getting advice for your phone, since I doubt you're going to find anyone with experience with your device. :D

Secondly, the factory reset just gets you a clean install version of Cyanogenmod (like when you first flashed it), not restore your stock rom. You need to find the stock rom for your phone and flash that.

You probably should have created a backup of your stock rom before you flashed CM.

Reactions: boplogs145
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones