• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Failed to upgrade from android 2.3.1 to 4.0.4

Trying to upgrade my nexus s (i9020) from version 2.3.1 to 4.0.4 through settings > phone updates....It always successfully download 4.0.4 update and when i click on reboot, it starts file installation. But at a particular point installation stops every time displaying error message..... can anybody help?

android robot with a mark of exclamation while installation bar is in midway......and then phone hangs up and i ve to remove battery.....well i really dont know what does this mean because this is my first android phone

Solved my problem....thanks to quantumrand's thread....but still my nfc is not working .....in gingerbread it shows "an error occurred" while activating and now in jelly bean all i can see is a checked nfc option unavailable along with beam (faded)......does this indicate a hardware problem.??

Solved my problem....thanks to quantumrand's thread....but still my nfc is not working .....in gingerbread it shows "an error occurred" while activating and now in jelly bean all i can see is a checked nfc option unavailable along with beam (faded)......does this indicate a hardware problem.??
Possibly, since the NFC antenna is attached to the removable rear cover and contacts 2 points on the back of the phone. If the contacts are dirty or damaged, then the NFC will not work. Try using a bit of rubbing alcohol or better yet isopropyl alcohol and a Q-tip to clean the contacts on both parts. If that doesn't fix it, then take your phone to a store with a demo phone (or a friend if they have the same phone) and compare contacts to see if yours are damaged.

My nexus downloads the ice cream sandwich update but when i reboot and install it, the updating process starts but it hangs on specific point with the android avatar with an exclamation mark. Help needed. I will be looking forward to your reply

My nexus s downloads the ice cream sandwich update but when i reboot and install it, the updating process starts but it hangs on specific point with the android avatar with an exclamation mark. Help needed. I will be looking forward to your reply

I CAN'T CONNECT MY TOUCHMATE TM-MID710 TAB TO INTERNET VIA EDGE. CAN ANYBODY HELP? PLS ALSO TELL HOW TO UPDATE MY android 2.3.1

Back
Top Bottom