• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Failures

Why in the world would anyone build that much slope into steps for shower access? That’s a serious, ugly fall just waiting to happen!

6CD470EA-78E9-4310-8973-377A184E6877.jpeg

A crazy story.... Me and two guys rented an old two story house to live in right across from the college we were attending. There was two bedrooms upstairs that were boarded off from downstairs and a gal had it rented. Over christmas break she rode the upstairs bathtub down stairs on top of our tub. She wasn't hurt but it had to be a rude experience. I don't know how she got up the exterior stair to her apartment without any clothes in late December. She had nothing to do with us so I never had the chance to ask. We were long haired hippies before it was acceptable.

That's a national data breach that affected pretty much everyone who has ever had a social security number. We use ID Experts (Lifelock is the last company you want to use because they're too freaking expensive): we're notified if a sex offender moves into the area or our phone number shows up on the dark web. Thankfully, very little ID theft can be done with only a social security number. Due diligence is the key.

As an aside, home mortgage theft is a rising crime in the United States. Thieves register a fake title transfer, or take out a forged home loan (which happened to Graceland earlier this year). Title theft coverage is available: but our county's Register of Deeds has a free service that notifies homeowners if ANY document is presented affecting a property. If we say it's fraudulent, then it's never registered and the document is turned over to investigators. Every county registrar should offer that.

Back
Top Bottom