• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fantasy Hockey

No negative in hockey. Like its good to have players that rack up penalty mins and also score. In standard h2h format you have like 10 categories.. if you win all 10 for the week you get 10-0 record for the week. So you can still lose a week, (4-6) but still get 4 wins and keep up with league leaders.

And hockey you can move your roster around daily. So you have to keep an eye on it to make sure your moving your bench around.

So its different but not by too much.. It is very similar to fantasy basketball if you have ever done that.

Ohhh.

yes I play fantasy basketball. Sounds very similar. You have about 10 categories (3 pts, points, ft%, fg%, turnovers, assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, etc..) and each player contributes to the categories while your goal is to win as many categories as possible each week.

You can also setup basketball where you only can change the roster weekly - some people like that because it's less maintenance and some people hate it because if someone gets injured on Tuesday, then you can't take the person out and you have a much better chance at losing the week.

What are the categories?
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG) Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Thank you for clarifying it for everyone Vegas, just got into work and am completely out of it... my daughter kept me awake all night. Jamor I will send you the invite as well as The Gnomes
Ya np. Happy to see people interested. Love hockey.

Me too, I get frustrated because few of my friends are, and even the guys I play with (adult Rec. league) aren't interested in playing fantasy.

Me too, I get frustrated because few of my friends are, and even the guys I play with (adult Rec. league) aren't interested in playing fantasy.
I notice a ton of people that play adult league here don't ever watch NHL hockey. Which is a crazy concept to me...

I think it has to do with the city, I'm in PHX so people here are just getting into the sport with only knowledge of the Yotes, and going from there. They see the sport on tv every now and again and are interested in playing without paying attention to the NHL. But who can blame them ESPN doesn't cover NHL at all (barely) and the Yotes are only known for their financial woes, despite last season's standings.

I think it has to do with the city, I'm in PHX so people here are just getting into the sport with only knowledge of the Yotes, and going from there. They see the sport on tv every now and again and are interested in playing without paying attention to the NHL. But who can blame them ESPN doesn't cover NHL at all (barely) and the Yotes are only known for their financial woes, despite last season's standings.
Interesting. I have a house in Tucson, and that is mainly the area I was talking about. but this is the same for when I played in Maine. It was either you were super casual or hardcore, bleed hockey person. No in between. lol

This is my favorite time of year - love when hockey returns!!

Going to see the Leafs/Flyers preseason game Thursday, then the Sarnia Sting season opener Friday night, and my men's league starts next Wednesday!

Welcome back hockey! :D

This is my favorite time of year - love when hockey returns!!

Going to see the Leafs/Flyers preseason game Thursday, then the Sarnia Sting season opener Friday night, and my men's league starts next Wednesday!

Welcome back hockey! :D
Nice game you guys had against the Sens last night... lol :p

Nice game you guys had against the Sens last night... lol :p

Hah, well seems about right for what I expect from the Leafs this year.

Though last year we won 6 of 9 preseason games, then took 11 games to win one that really counts, so maybe choking in the preseason is the way to go. ;)

I can take the losing (I've pretty much become used to it at this point) I just HATE losing to Ottawa or Montreal.

Hah, well seems about right for what I expect from the Leafs this year.

Though last year we won 6 of 9 preseason games, then took 11 games to win one that really counts, so maybe choking in the preseason is the way to go. ;)

I can take the losing (I've pretty much become used to it at this point) I just HATE losing to Ottawa or Montreal.

I have been a hawks and Chicago sports fan in general since I was a kid.. I have also got used to losing.. It is almost a weird feeling when my teams are doing well.. I did get to experience the Bulls dynasty tho... :)

Oh ya, thanks for Stalberg! I watched that guy last year quite a bit.. I think he is really going to break out with the hawks, at least I hope for our depths sake.

I have been a hawks and Chicago sports fan in general since I was a kid.. I have also got used to losing.. It is almost a weird feeling when my teams are doing well.. I did get to experience the Bulls dynasty tho... :)

Oh ya, thanks for Stalberg! I watched that guy last year quite a bit.. I think he is really going to break out with the hawks, at least I hope for our depths sake.

Stalberg is going to be a fine NHLer...I think that trade is going to come back to bite the Leafs (unless Versteeg shines, but I have my doubts...).

Stalberg has great hands and good speed...he'll be missed.

Stalberg is going to be a fine NHLer...I think that trade is going to come back to bite the Leafs (unless Versteeg shines, but I have my doubts...).

Stalberg has great hands and good speed...he'll be missed.

Versteeg is good all around player with scoring upside, but sometimes he seems to think he is better then he really is and gets super fancy when he should just chip the puck deep... Makes you go WTF was he thinking... but otherwise I was sad to see him go.

Versteeg is good all around player with scoring upside, but sometimes he seems to think he is better then he really is and gets super fancy when he should just chip the puck deep... Makes you go WTF was he thinking... but otherwise I was sad to see him go.

Yea, I can totally see that - from the little media I've seen him do here already, I get the impression he's a little cocky, so I'm not surprised he often feels he's better than he is on the ice.

All in all, if he can chip in 15-20 goals and 40-50ish points, I'll be satisfied. Him and Grabovski could really click, and adding Colby Armstrong on the other wing for some grit should be a solid (if not unspectacular) second line.

I was born in Toronto so the Maple Leafs are my team. I live in the US and have dual citizenship though.

I hope the Maple Leafs get good again sometime in the next decade.

I was born in Toronto so the Maple Leafs are my team. I live in the US and have dual citizenship though.

I hope the Maple Leafs get good again sometime in the next decade.

We'll be better this year, but the playoffs may still be a stretch.

Another start like like year though and i think Wilson will be gone by Christmas.

It's funny, I lived in Prescott/Prescott Valley before I moved to the Salt Lake Area, went back a couple of years back and was surprised to see PV had a CHL hockey team (The Sundogs). Boy times have changed. Before the Coyotes arrived it was like Hockey? What's that? Never got into the Yotes, I'm an Avs fan. Got away from hockey for a while after the Rockies moved to Jersey (also was in military stationed in Japan). Now I can't get enough.

We need to get at least 2 more people, I would love it if we could get 4 more....

I'm in and just like my fantasy football draft, I'm gonna miss this one too:mad:. OH well, like OTD, this is my first fantasy hockey foray. Good Luck to everyone!

It's funny, I lived in Prescott/Prescott Valley before I moved to the Salt Lake Area, went back a couple of years back and was surprised to see PV had a CHL hockey team (The Sundogs). Boy times have changed. Before the Coyotes arrived it was like Hockey? What's that? Never got into the Yotes, I'm an Avs fan. Got away from hockey for a while after the Rockies moved to Jersey (also was in military stationed in Japan). Now I can't get enough.

I'm in and just like my fantasy football draft, I'm gonna miss this one too:mad:. OH well, like OTD, this is my first fantasy hockey foray. Good Luck to everyone!

My best friend is an Avs fan, carry over from Patty Roy, I couldn't stand the Lanche when Forsberg was in his prime. But I do like the latest incarnation of 'em. And yeah hockey is pretty big here now, despite the Yotes financial woes. IMO they made a mistake building the rink in Glendale, there is only one real hockey rink on the west side and at least 8 on the east side, they pretty much moved the team away from the fans. And if anyone wants I can move the draft day to a more accessible date for everyone, just let me know what everyone thinks

My best friend is an Avs fan, carry over from Patty Roy, I couldn't stand the Lanche when Forsberg was in his prime. But I do like the latest incarnation of 'em. And yeah hockey is pretty big here now, despite the Yotes financial woes. IMO they made a mistake building the rink in Glendale, there is only one real hockey rink on the west side and at least 8 on the east side, they pretty much moved the team away from the fans. And if anyone wants I can move the draft day to a more accessible date for everyone, just let me know what everyone thinks
Don't worry about moving the draft for just me. If it conflicts with other's shcedules, then I'd say go for it. Auto draft worked out for me in my Football league #1 in Div and #2 overall:D.

We'll be better this year, but the playoffs may still be a stretch.

Another start like like year though and i think Wilson will be gone by Christmas.

Maybe we will get lucky - but I think you are right!

So who are the 9 players besides me, goaty, acid, skorpey, gnomey, and OT-Dizzle?

Back
Top Bottom