• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fastest, Most Fluid Launcher?

Dankees

Android Enthusiast
I really love GO Launcher EX, but I was wondering if anyone has ever done a (scientific) test regarding the various launchers available.
I

It's technically impossible to do a scientific test IMO, because what launcher is most fluid is entirely dependent on a person's setup. Even when using the same phone, one launcher may not be as smooth as it is on another unit. Just try them and use the one you like best. I prefer Apex over Nova.

I tried a bunch of them, stayed with Nova.
Just got an update last night, and as fast as it was, it's now even faster.
Lightning quick, with no problems at all.
Not scientific, but I'm VERY pleased with it.

Nova is very very smooth. I was on Apex but switched to Nova today. I was happy to see that Nova could even import my Apex home screens so I didn't have to do much setup. Brilliant.

Nova Launcher is very nice. I've tried Apex, but prefer Nova for the smoothness. Only need 3 screens.

6apy6yty.jpg

Nope. Both are equally fluid on my ICS running Tab, but again a repeat, performance on one device model will not reflect performance on another. Performance is not even comparable on the same model of devices because of differing setups behind the scenes, like number of background running apps etc.

Use Nova Prime on my three main devices: Gnex, N7 and TF Prime. Like that it doesn't add too much and sticks with a mostly stock experience since I really dig the look of ICS/JB.
In terms of speed, it seems to be quite similar to stock, but I like the ability to backup your homescreens for when you wipe and change ROMs (though I believe most 3rd party launchers do this).
Gestures built into Prime are great, saves on uneccesary apps on your homescreens.

I used Go EX Launcher, I did find it to be laggy at some points, but the flexbility with the launcher is amazing. I personalized my android to look like an Iphone, and it is interesting.

Depends on your unit though.

I did the same thing with my Go Launcher EX. I got it looking like an iPhone, but it seemed a little laggy.

Nope. Both are equally fluid on my ICS spurting Tab, but again a echo, performance on one style posture give not shine performance on another. Performance is not even equal on the homophonic hypothesis of devices because of differing setups behind the scenes, equivalent identify of ground spouting apps etc.

I have no idea what you are saying.

BigRedGonzo

I need to start by saying, I like change and am always switching up my launcher. I have a Droid Bionic Handset and a Toshiba Thrive Tablet, both running ICS. I have used several launchers on both devices and find that they all have their pros and cons. I am currently using Nova Prime on my handset and find it very smooth and the features are nice. Another that I like quite a bit for both the phone and the tablet is SPB Shell 3D. It also has some really nice features and some really slick animations. It runs very smoothly on both devices. I have tried Go Launch and ADW Launcher EX and am just not that impressed with them. To be honest, I like the ICS Stock interface on my Tablet and the Moto Blur interface on my handset. Go figure...its all a matter of personal preference.

BigRedGonzo

I can definitely recommend Zeam Launcher, because it takes up less space than 400kb and it is relatively customizable. Also it looks kinda smooth. The only downside is that it won't let me use some of my widgets...

Back
Top Bottom