• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fastest, Most Fluid Launcher?

I'm trying lightning launcher (first launcher I have tried so far) now and only have been able to play with it a little bit but seems pretty good so far. Lots of customization. One nice thing about it is you have to set it to as your default launcher and before you do that you can swap back and forth between it and your stock browser so I was able to setup my icons like I had it before (actually I'm able to do so much more!).

Action Launcher Pro is the best launcher out there right now. Switch my phone and tablet over to it. It flows very nicely.

Seen mixed reviews on this... Is there a trial version? I hate to buy an app that I won't like. If there was a trial, and I liked it, I would certainly buy it.

want to switch from GOLauncher as it is very slow and buggy....love the customization it offers though...

I have a Droid Charge, so am only running Gingerbread i believe and cant use Nova or Apex which i am seeing seem to be the best.

Best recommendation for my phone??

I just started using Lightning Launcher and I'm seriously impressed. It totally breaks the barriers on conventional launchers. I'm using it on an old HTC Hero and it's fast. I can only imagine how it would fly on more powerful processors.

It's something you have to really dig into. At first, you might say "meh", but trust me, you've got to see the tutorials and get to know it.

been using lightning launcher exclusively for a couple months now. It's miles ahead of ADW, which I was using before. I tried GO and NOVA and thought they both sucked.

Is lighting the fastest and most fluid? Subjectively, I'd say YES by a wide margin. But I know my one experience doesn't count for much so consider this:

Lightning Launcher = 198 kB
GO Launcher EX = 7.4 MB
NOVA Launcher = 2.4 MB
ADW Launcher EX = 2.4 MB

It's certainly the most lightweight, at least in terms of download size.

I should also mention the main reason I got LL in the first place is that it let's you set up 2 completely different home screen widget layouts for portrait and landscape modes. Perfect for when I'm at my desk and have it sitting sideways in a business card holder :). Also not being confined to a grid is great for setting up the layouts YOU want.

9S1XIG0.png

4LztLfQ.png

If you're running GB like I do, ADW has a preset named "fast". Discovered it today and turned it on... viola! For the first time in 3 years, my Atrix 4g is running buttery smooth. Glad I kept it for the lapdock. Paid off eventually.

Holo Plus or Free?

I've been running Holo launcher<free> for a month or so now and cannot imagine going back to Touchwiz.Tried a few other launchers but HL suits me.I can have all my apps on one Screen and also more on swipe-able docks at the bottom.I find this really easy to get to everything fast and slick.

HTH :)

Trying out Holo HD now. An interesting feature of the paid version is that you can swipe both up and down on the dock. GO only has swipe up. Populating the dock is harder than on GO but you only have to do that once. No menu button for phones without one is odd but you can set a swipe for that.

* Creating folders in Holo is more painful than populating the dock. In GO you can check multiple apps to add and do it all at once. Holo makes you add an app to a blank space then drag it to the folder.

Back
Top Bottom