• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fastest, Most Fluid Launcher?

Conversely, why stick with what you were given if there are options that suit you better?

Of course what I was given was the original Sense launcher, which wasted the bottom of the screen with a huge phone button, and "add to screen" button which did exactly the same as long-pressing on the screen. No way I was sticking with that ;)

Well, I purchased Nova Launcher Prime during the .25 sale and haven't used it until now. I'm currently trying to figure it out and customizing it to see how good it is. So far I like it.

I'm using it on the tablet since the phone is on GB. The phone I have used Go Launcher, which was pretty nice but now I'm using Zeam. I like it so far.

I just started using Lightning Launcher and I'm seriously impressed. It totally breaks the barriers on conventional launchers. I'm using it on an old HTC Hero and it's fast. I can only imagine how it would fly on more powerful processors.

It's something you have to really dig into. At first, you might say "meh", but trust me, you've got to see the tutorials and get to know it.

Another one worth using is Zeam. It's very lightweight, so it's a great candidate for older phones like the HTC Hero. It has some nice customization options incorporated too. I really like the scrolling dock, so that you can have more quick launch icons than will fit on the display (keep the less often used ones on the trailing end).

Sprint/GS3 on JellyBean: Apex is extremely fluid and fast. Current screen:

Screenshot_2012-12-09-10-23-29.png

I have used
go launcher ex - great for options but very laggy on my xperia S
Nova - smoother, but froze and locked screens out.
SS Launcher - beautiful launcher, great widget options, no grids or restrictions on where to put icons/widgetts. BUT still froze screens.

I am back on stock xperia launcher and there are no lags or freezing.

I had go sms but have deleted this in favour of chomp sms, due to a lag in performance.

I switched from apple to android and the main issue I have is speed and smoothness of the apps/system.

Still to find a launcher that doesnt have problems.

I have used
go launcher ex - great for options but very laggy on my xperia S
Nova - smoother, but froze and locked screens out.
SS Launcher - beautiful launcher, great widget options, no grids or restrictions on where to put icons/widgetts. BUT still froze screens.

I am back on stock xperia launcher and there are no lags or freezing.

I had go sms but have deleted this in favour of chomp sms, due to a lag in performance.

I switched from apple to android and the main issue I have is speed and smoothness of the apps/system.

Still to find a launcher that doesnt have problems.

Try Apex Launcher

I use ssLauncher on my Nexus 7, mainly for it's ability to modify anything, and put it anywhere. It's smooth (except the opening a folder, the animation is a little jerky).

But I installed HOLO on a Galaxy Player I'm giving as gift, and I must say it's what I would call "buttery smooth". Also lots of nice features. I don't think I'll give up ssLauncher, but HOLO is very nice if you want "simple" and much easier to set up.

most fluid launcher that is similar to iphone is the miui launcher
its themed a bit different but its the closest thing you can get if you dont want to sacrifice performance

most fluid launcher that is similar to iphone is the miui launcher
its themed a bit different but its the closest thing you can get if you dont want to sacrifice performance

I'm trying to figure why anyone with an Android would want to use launcher similar to the Iphone's outdated launcher?

Question, when you install and run any of these launchers does it totally wipe out your icons/widgets that you already have installed on your "desktop"?

Yes, it puts a different desktop. If you revert to the stock launcher, you will see them back. Think of it like a different user on Windows, you have different desktops.

Ok, thanks chanchan05. That's what I was thinking but wanted to verify, just wondering cause I have alot of pages filled up and it would be annoying to have to rearrange everything again. Oh well, I guess that's the price to pay to pretty up your phone, lol.

Ok, thanks chanchan05. That's what I was thinking but wanted to verify, just wondering cause I have alot of pages filled up and it would be annoying to have to rearrange everything again. Oh well, I guess that's the price to pay to pretty up your phone, lol.

I would recommend taking screenshots before you switch. I couldn't remember for the life of me where everything was when I moved from Touchwiz to Go Launcher, so now I take screenshots to help me when I switch :). I use Nova now and made the transition much easier.

I have used GoLauncher on my Admire, not too bad. But I stuck with Holo Launcher.
On my LG Motion, I've used Nova and Holo Launcher HD. I like both, but find Nova a bit smoother and faster, they both are very good.
It is more of a matter of personal preference.

Where can I find a Facebook widget that displays my feed?
Tweet Deck has a widget that will show Facebook and multiple Twitter feeds, and is pretty smooth.

As for launchers. I've never like the feel of Go Launcher. I'm currently using Apex Pro (Nova was laggy on my phone). ADW Launcher EX, Holo, and Zeam are all nice choices.

Back
Top Bottom