• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

file formats supported/played by the Note

According to the Note's official specs, it can play various video file formats, i.e. m4v, pm4, wmv, avi, etc, but no mention of the .trp format. However, my Samsung Smart TV is able to play the .trp file format, so I thought maybe the Note would be able to play that format as well. I guess I'm wrong, since it can't. Do you know any Android app that would play the .trp format? Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Hi All,
Thanks for all your help. Unfortunately, I installed MX Player and Mobo Player and attempted to play the .trp files, neither players supported it. So I'm back to square one. I think the .trp files that I have are encrypted. Anyway, like I mentioned earlier, the same .trp files were able to play on my Samsung Smart TV, but would not on the Samsung Note 2014 ed. I'm curious what codecs/players did the TV use to play these files..I tried Samsung support, but you know how that goes, they're completely clueless. This is why I resorted to this forum for help. :)

Upvote 0
No help on XDA?
The xda developers site essentially a dead-end as well. The original poster did not get his question resolved. I did search the web for some trp codecs, but not much found. Google Play store doesn't have trp codecs. Only option at this point is to convert the .trp files into popular formats, i.e. .mp4, .mov, etc then the Note will play.

Upvote 0
Only option at this point is to convert the .trp files into popular formats, i.e. .mp4, .mov, etc then the Note will play.

That sounds like a plan, even if it is a pain in the rear. Let us know what program you used to convert with? That way someone else looking for an answer will at least know what you used. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones