• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Finish rooting

fearofth3dark

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm really confused. I rooted my phone "the hard way" back when it first came out. And now I know unrevoked released the reflash tool so I could be fully rooted but I can't figure out how to do it. I installed the program and followed their instructions about the drivers but device manager never says there is an android phone connected.

Did you unroot from your previous effort? If not, you don't need to use unrevoked. It's doing the same thing you already achieved.

I want to do a titanium backup but I keep getting force close as soon as I click it.

It's a known issue with the latest update to Titanium on the market. Give it a day or so and check the market for the next update (unless someone has the apk to the last version they'd be willing to send you...)

Ok so I shouldn't use the reflash tool? Then how do I get my phone fully rooted?

If you're talking about full nand unlock, Unrevoked hasn't released it yet. We are as rooted as we're gonna get for now whether you did it the old skool way or the single click method Unrevoked provided.

If you're talking about full nand unlock, Unrevoked hasn't released it yet. We are as rooted as we're gonna get for now whether you did it the old skool way or the single click method Unrevoked provided.

Oh alright thank you, sorry I'm a little behind.

thats a good question. the 10 min video in the beginning rooted your phone but then it disabled recovery mode. and nowhere in the instructions, as far as I can remember, ever mentioned the need to use unrevokes reflash tool (unrevoked2) so now that the unrevoked tool roots and flashes your recovery, what if youre phone is rooted already but you need to reflash your recover? do you have to unroot, and then use unrevoked3? This question actually doesn't apply to me but I figure it might apply to someone out there.

Back
Top Bottom