• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FireBrick Is FireSTUCK

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2011
Oakland
After a couple of years of happy usage last night, my Firestick 2nd gen, got stuck on the home screen, and is now unresponsive to both the selector button, as well as the restart routine, (Holding down select and Play/Pause at the same time until it restarts).
I did a couple of hard restarts by unplugging it, and then plugging it back in, and it went through the entire startup routine, including the red "fire TV"" startup logo, and then it opened to the same frozen unresponsive uncooperative (Like my ex wife) screen.
I tried another remote, and that did not work either.
Just to see what would happen I blocked it on my network, since wifi blocking will take you to the "home is unavailable" firestick screen, which it did, but once I got there, the "Go to network settings" and "dismiss" options were unresponsive as well.
I don't mind having to reset it if I have to, but so far I haven't come up with a way to make it work.

All help appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones