• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firmware Upgrade query (Also Kies issue)

Danjester

Aug 5, 2010
I've got an S4 Model i9505
AP i9505xxufnc4
CP i9505xxufnc4
CSC i9505evrfnd1

It's not had any firmware updates for over 6 months, as far as I remember, am I on an up-to-date firmware or have I missed something? Shouldn't I be on 4.4.3 by now? Phone is not rooted and I've not changed anything under the hood.

I connect to Kies, check for firmware updates and get told my device doesn't support initialising. Uninstalled and reinstalled Kies and still get the same message.

Sorry if this is a daft question, but I've been trying to work out what's going on but don't seem to have got anywhere.

You are already on the latest firmware release for EE...

Model: GT-I9505
Model name: GALAXY S4 LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Changelist: 481100
Build date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 15:34:05 +0000
Product Code: EVR
PDA: I9505XXUFNC4
CSC: I9505EVRFND1
MODEM: I9505XXUFNC4

The next release will be Android 4.4.4, in due course.

Reactions: Danjester
Upvote 0
Hi, I had an EUR FNC4 black edition firmware before. And i then flashed a NG8 black edition firmware which is a Romanin one. But in Phone info shows as CSC > SEE

Problem is will i be able to update via Kies and OTA snice the CSC is not the same? Thanks.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413547495087.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413547495087.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 33
Upvote 0
Hi, I had an EUR FNC4 black edition firmware before. And i then flashed a NG8 black edition firmware which is a Romanin one. But in Phone info shows as CSC > SEE

Problem is will i be able to update via Kies and OTA snice the CSC is not the same? Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Knight Life! :)

You will not receive updates via Kies or OTA if there is a mismatch in your CSC codes. See, #1.4 of the 29 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?. You will either need to revert back to your original CSC code firmware to receive automatic updates or else manually flash the firmware of your choce.

Reactions: Knight Life
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones