• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root First attempt at rooting

Wow and Hello! It sounds like there is some progress being made here. I am new to the community as I just got my phone over 2 weeks ago, (of course being samsung R9100). I am not really good at hacking but I am good at testing things. I have about Intermediate experience with Linux :/ I hope I can be of some help. :)

welcome to the clan and please kindly consider pledging for the custom ROM for this phone. See this thread for more details: http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...-metropcs-samsung-galaxy-indulge-4g-m860.html

official pledge thread on xda-developers is here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=985926

Upvote 0
wow this is tuff i rooted the ascend like no tomar but this is messed up of course i did manage to get to level 1 but i think thats as far as i can get right now i also tried odin and ended up bricking :( take the phone back to metro and say it crashed, the'll give you a new one, they did for me 0_o. lol. also going to try other phone rom's to see if i can find a sim. between another phone and this one. but this phone is whack, and maybe even next gen. android status . . .:eek:

Upvote 0
I just read that they managed to get full root on the HTC Thunderbolt...which as you know is also an LTE phone and is an extremely locked down phone like ours is.
[Exclusive] How To Root The HTC ThunderBolt And Unlock Its Bootloader | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

Thought I'd post this to see if it could give you guys any ideas. It's sad how they'll just completely ignore this phone since it's on Metro...and they manage to root the HTC 2 days after it comes out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones