• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First thoughts?

For those of you who've gotten your device, what are your first thoughts?

I'm trying to gauge whether my decision to hold off on upgrading until next years new smartphone with stylus options.

If I had ANY other phone besides the S21 Ultra, then this is a perfect device to jump up to. Top of the line in every way. Since I came from the S21 Ultra though, it is not the biggest upgrade, still worth it for me though.

It is more squared than the S21, so it does feel a bit more blocky in my hand, but I'm used to it after a week.

Upvote 0
this phone is sold/selling out and is a big seller for samsung. easy to look for confirmation bias for anything on the internet. people still waiting for their s22 even today. i got the unlocked 1tb version and could not be happier. traded the flip 3 for it. still rockin' the fold 3 which is also a dynamite phone.

most folks wont take the time to post up on the internet how great something is. i would not get caught up in what blogs say or dont say. example, people hate on tesla every chance they get, yet there are people waiting months for one.:thinking:

Upvote 0
The Darling Bride FINALLY got her S22 Ultra today. She ordered the 512GB version in red. Neither of us are sure if anyone in Korea knows what "RED" is supposed to look like, but we don't know of anywhere on the planet where this would be considered "RED". It's more of a funky coral color than anything, and she is not happy about it. Considering how long it took to get here, the last thing she wants to do is exchange it for another one.

EDIT: And back it goes. No sense paying that much money for a device with which she is not happy.

Attachments

• S22Ultra(NOT)Red.jpg
    S22Ultra(NOT)Red.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Darling Bride FINALLY got her S22 Ultra today. She ordered the 512GB version in red. Neither of us are sure if anyone in Korea knows what "RED" is supposed to look like, but we don't know of anywhere on the planet where this would be considered "RED". It's more of a funky coral color than anything, and she is not happy about it. Considering how long it took to get here, the last thing she wants to do is exchange it for another one.

Interesting. I went with White just because, though I immediately put a case on it and never gave the color another thought.

Upvote 0
So far so good with my green 512gb unlocked.

Most of the dissatisfaction or negativity of the phone is due to lack of micro sd and/or headphone jack. As if Samsung hadn't started eliminating those features a few years ago on their flagships. It doesn't bother me anyways at this point but to each their own, but if someone purchased a device this expensive without confirming the capabilites then it is on them, not the manufacturer.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones