• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[FIX] If your EVO 3D screen won't sleep while charging...

Rush

{<>}~{<>}
Jan 31, 2011
Loganville, GA
Hey guys,

I was having a problem getting my phone screen to sleep while charging. I checked the display settings to see if I might have Screen timeout set to never turn off. And it was set to 1min and the screen would only dim but never sleep. I then called Sprint technicians to see what they could do to assist me with this problem. Their reponse was - "This problem has been mentioned before and they are working on a fix."

Being the kind of guy I am, I know I couldn't wait for Sprint to find a solution to this problem. So, I started to search all settings on the device. I found out what was causing this to happen. In applications under development is an option to "keep screen awake" box. Make sure to unchecked this box if you don't want your phone screen on while charging.

I hope this info is useful for anyone who is having this problem.

Bump...

I felt like this tip should be known to all. Especially those who are having this problem. I just took my phone in to the Sprint store (this morning) to be fixed (error msg: No radio... this happens everytime I try to update profile, update prl, or even when I try to reset the phone) and when I came home and connect it to the AC wall charger... the back light dims but won't turn off. I had to do the steps above.

I hope this helps you. ;)

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
I've been having the opposite problem lately. Every time I unplug my phone from the wall charger, the screen takes sometimes up to 15-20 seconds to come back on. The light will remain on (like if it was still charging) and the screen won't come on.
What settings is your screen time-out set to? What application(s) have you installed prior to this start happening? My guess is...an installed application is the source of your problem.

Reactions: Corpse11
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones