• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [FIXED!] How to get Froyo if your OTA is failing!

OK, phone is in DL mode, Samsung drivers loaded, ran odin3, selected .tar file. Odin message window just says setup connection. Is this normal?

OK, phone is in DL mode, Samsung drivers loaded, ran odin3, selected .tar file. Odin message window just says setup connection. Is this normal?

Look in top left where it lists ID:COM, is it yellow? and does it show a com port? if so, the phone is conected.

I just want to make sure the phone flashed ok back to bare stock, and the first update you did was the 10MB update correct?

When I started it up it did a install on its own without a prompt....it just finished the install of the update from when I went and did it myself.....I think 2.2...hold on.....nope that was the other update....Now I'm downloading 2.2...

takes a few minutes to reflash... youll see it at the very top left in the progress bar... I believe bar will turn green and say finsihed when its done.

Ill be happy when both of them say it works :)

BTW... i just did my wifes fascinate few moments ago as well.

She had the same problem as mine... Her phone was rooted though which explained her error.

She is up and running with 2.2!

Now to load her THAI fonts back! Ughh!

OK hanging on and waiting for a good sign. BTW - Thanks for your help. Way more informative than Samsung was!

Samsung wanted me to send them my phone and just gave me a link to a verizon page telling me how to do an OTA.....which I had already done a bazillion times like I told the bonehead at Samsung...Verizon offered me a refurb.....my phone was brand new and I wanted to keep it.

Yes, never went beyond "setup connection". Just failed as I typed this.

Try again, sounds like a communcation error over USB. SOon as the COM area turns yellow and shows a com port # the phone is detected and you can browse for the .tar and then hit start.

Make sure you do it in PDA and NOT phone.

Yes, started and is now saying "initialization" I'm gonna hunt for another cable real quick.

Try rebooting the phone again as well, make sure battery is out.

Connect USB when battery is out, and just hold volume down, your PC should do the rest. Then load ODIN when phone is in download mode.

Back
Top Bottom