• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Flashing" HTC EVO 4G from Sprint to Boost

Now that I got a new phone for x-mas, my g/f is freaking out that she hates her boost phone. She still has her EVO 4G from our Sprint contract a few years back and is pushing for me to flash it to boost for her.
I'm not too bad with computers, but I don't know anything about these cell phones.
From what I'm reading about the process, I need a donor boost phone (my old Samsung Galaxy Prevail?) to take some numbers off of, and program them into the Evo? I see several lists of programs needed to do all this, and it just seems to much effort for one phone.
Do I really need to go through the process of restoring it to factory and rooting the phone, just to flash it? Everyone tells me I can just take it into a Boost mobile retailer and most of them are able to do it for a fee.
What do? I've read half of this walkthrough: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/460035-evo-4g-boost-mobile-guide-evo-3d.html
Is this safe!?

Take it into a retailer who does it and see what the fee is. Compare that to the amount of time and work involved. Only you can decide which works better for you.

it is safe provided you follow directions.....though messing with those numbers can brick it, so make sure you follow what the guide says.

now i have no idea on boost doing this or not for free.

I would just get another phone vs flashing it to Boost. It's not worth all the time and trouble anymore now that Boost has 4G/LTE phones. If you flash the EVO to Boost, you cannot get 4G. You could probably get a used EVO Design for Boost at the same price as you would pay to flash the EVO to Boost.

Back
Top Bottom