• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flashing ROMs

notebooko

Android Enthusiast
I was looking around in the SGSII boost mobile forums and it seems that they can flash any sprint rom from xda. I don't know specifically what they have to do but it seems that that is the general consensus there. Has anyone tried flashing a rom from xda gs2 forums yet?

Well it being a Sprint ROM, im sure issues like 3g, mms, 4g may not work correctly. I may be better tow ait until some development for this specific phone gets rolling, and since these are built from source ROMs, if we can figure out how to fix the mms/4g issues that may arise when using sprint based ROMs, then we can apply it to many aosp based sprint epic 4g touch ROMs and have fully functional sweet ROMs.

I flashed a Sprint based JB FK23 rom. I gotta say, Jelly Bean is super smooth on this phone. (Possibly an official ota update is in the works... allegedly) But as you can imagine, I was on Sprint's "primary towers" and 3g was gone. But, 4g was ironically showing with data speed of 2.5mbs. Except 4g coverage in my area is still hit/miss. (A JB modem corrects this) But a sprint based rom is undesirable in my opinion. Used Odin to flash back down to 4.0.4, reinstalled FI27 modem, then nandroid back to normal. It was fun but I'd wait until the devs can patch up the holes like they did/are doing with MTDEV and the Triumph. So I just figured I'd share my latest experience.

PS please do not attempt to premature flash your galaxy with step-brother sprint rom... I was lucky enough to reverse the process and no make a new pet brick.

Yeah its the only recovery I could get to work flawlessly so far... Its been a savior a few times now. I'd be willing to say that it should be the starting ground for any of us VM SGS2 users.

Back
Top Bottom