• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing to stock, what do I need to know?

mttfrog13

Android Enthusiast
I posted this on the xda forums, but I though I'd get some coverage here too.

I'm flashing to stock, what do I need to know before getting started? I am coming from an Atrix that was previously on rooted OTA updated gingerbread firmware.

Background...
I finally rooted my atrix because I really wanted the new swype beta. I got carried away freezing and uninstalling apps in titanium backup and now I'm getting a constantly recurring force close dialog that comes back up too fast to even click a button to get into the system folder and completely remove it. So basically i have to return to stock. A hard reset didn't help obviously.

I have a lot of experience flashing roms and rooting my old samsung captivate but I never messed with rooting or flashing on the atrix because of all this talk about locked bootloaders which sounded kind of scary.

Anyway, I'm following mobiletechvideo's (connexion's) video on youbtube on how to flash to stock which is titled "Motorola Atrix (How To Use RSD-Lite). Basically, I have the drivers installed, I have rds lite 5.0 installed, and I know how to get into RSD mode at boot. Is it really this simple?

Anyway, I guess what I'm asking is where are mistakes commonly made? What do I need to watch out for? Sorry for ranting, but I just want to be really cautious, I can't risk hard bricking this phone. It seems sometimes as if no matter how well prepared you are, there is a bit of info that you can miss which could really screw things up.

I am downloading the most recent firmware on this list. Is this what I need, or do I need something for the bootloaders too. I am assuming that I do not need to worry about unlocked bootloaders since I am staying on gingerbread and not upgrading, correct?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1125944

Back
Top Bottom