• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FM Radio? Really?

SEMIJim

Android Enthusiast
I thought I read somewhere that the Samsung Galaxy S II had an FM radio in it. Did I read correctly?

Jim

You may have seen that in the specs somewhere on a website, but it does not have an FM tuner in it. Or if it does, its been disabled.

You can use something like TuneIn Radio app or Slacker app.

You may have seen that in the specs somewhere on a website, but it does not have an FM tuner in it. Or if it does, its been disabled.
That's handy. Not. Rhetorical question: But why would TMO do that?

You can use something like TuneIn Radio app or Slacker app.
No, I can't. Where it would've been handy is at my fitness club. They have rows of monitors, turned to different broadcasts (local news, CNN, FNN, FOX News, etc.), and they broadcast the sound on low-power FM frequencies, the frequency for each of which is listed under the monitor.

Besides: Consume network bandwidth to listen to a local FM station, if that's what I wanted to do? What an incredible waste of bandwidth.

The International may have it, but the US version does not.

I can show you thread after thread after thread. :)
Okay, thanks for all the info. Appreciate it.

That wasn't a biggie, for me, but it does decrease the likelihood of my going with an S2 or TMO. (Was already approaching "unlikely," anyway, due to coverage concerns.)

Jim

Back
Top Bottom