• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Found a place to get Evo's

SoulTerror

Android Enthusiast
Feb 18, 2010
North Carolina
I've seen some people are having issues finding Evo's in stock. Was at Wal-Mart today and seen they had one on display and asked if they had any in stock and the guy checked and said they have had them for a couple weeks now. The main person on the account just has to be their.

Just a heads up for anyone that has been looking for one, might want to check Wal-Mart.

Went to a Sprint store in San Francisco yesterday and was able to snag an Evo.

I called all the big box retailers and they all gave me the same spiel. I happened to wander into this hole-in the wall Sprint store/repair center after checking out a Verizon store for the Droid X (funny - Sprint was directly across the street). Asked how long the waiting list was for the Evo and the kind lady offered me the last one she had in stock.

Another customer came in during my activation process asking for the Evo to which the rep. responded that it would only be a week to get them in store if they ordered it.

So I guess the best thing to do is check-in store and be prepared to buy if they so happen to have them in stock. Best of luck!

Upvote 0
I bought my Evo at Wal-Mart where my husband actually works. We were not able to use his employee discount to purchase the phone itself, but I filed it online and we are getting a 20% discount now. They said it could take 3-4 billing cycles before it was reflected, but it showed on the 2nd bill.

I'm on the 69.99 plan + $10 for evo + 7 ins. + taxes and other things, I figured I would be getting a bill for about $100 every month...with the Walmart employee discount, the monthly bill was $81.11. (First bill was around $150 with activation and prorated month fees, etc.)

Reactions: Joe Las Vegas
Upvote 0
I bought my Evo at Wal-Mart where my husband actually works. We were not able to use his employee discount to purchase the phone itself, but I filed it online and we are getting a 20% discount now. They said it could take 3-4 billing cycles before it was reflected, but it showed on the 2nd bill.

I'm on the 69.99 plan + $10 for evo + 7 ins. + taxes and other things, I figured I would be getting a bill for about $100 every month...with the Walmart employee discount, the monthly bill was $81.11. (First bill was around $150 with activation and prorated month fees, etc.)

Sucks! might do that if they can't get more phones online on the Sprint website anytime soon.
They screwed up, they had the best and only 4G phone ever, and they should have known that they would sell like hot cakes, instead of having more than enough, they sold them all out in a day or two and now, nothing, in the meantime, that useless i-phone 4G is selling like crazy with no shortage of supply, while Sprint is losing customers left and right, because they don't have 4G phones available:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I called a few Radio Shacks in smaller towns today and asked if they had any EVOs in stock. All said no but they should have some soon. One store said they are due to receive some next week but..."the 19 stores in their district are only going to get 30 phones to divide between them on this shipment"!! Wow! 30 phones for 19 stores. Looks like those stores will only knock off a few people from the waiting lists!

Upvote 0
I was lucky enough to snag one yesterday out of the blue from one of my local radio shacks... I went in there around 12 noon, the guy said we are getting a shipment at 3pm. I came back with expecting to pay cash and the salesman said what version iPhone is that? I said 16gb 3G... he said let me take a look at it... I obliged and he said we do trade ins...

I said well how much for the iPhone? He said we'll give you $250 for it since its mint... I quickly did the math in my head and said to myself "an EVO for free? Hells yeah!" So I.walked out with one of the only two EVO's they got in their shipment...

I don't regret for.one second trading that damn iPhone for the EVO. Once I upgraded to iOS4, my phone went to crap...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones