• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Freezing up

ecb03

Lurker
I got my infuse in May, here recently my phone keeps freezing you could say and I have to take my battery out for it to do anything. It has also become slow with some things. I have deleted unnecessary apps and it still does it. Once I put the battery back in and restart the phone, it acts fine for a while but will go back to what it was doing before. Anyone else having this trouble or know what could cause it?

Thanks:)
 
OK I have few ideas . I for one noticed when I first got the phone I used my same SD card I had in my Motorola backflip, it was causing problems with my infuse. So if I was you I would try removing my SD card and master reset phone( hard reset) then boot back up without SD card run it for a while and see what happens. Make sure to save photos and contacts before reasting phone. Pics to SD card and contacts to sim card.
 
The ultimate way to free your infuse is to root it. You are using a phone with like 33% of its actual potential!...

Try to get quadrant from the android market and do a full benchmark. tell me the score and if it is low then ill show u how to make your phone like 6 times faster...no joke :)
 
The ultimate way to free your infuse is to root it. You are using a phone with like 33% of its actual potential!...

Try to get quadrant from the android market and do a full benchmark. tell me the score and if it is low then ill show u how to make your phone like 6 times faster...no joke :)

Yes, rooting and having a different rom on it can make it seem like their is no difference between this and the S2
 
The ultimate way to free your infuse is to root it. You are using a phone with like 33% of its actual potential!...

Try to get quadrant from the android market and do a full benchmark. tell me the score and if it is low then ill show u how to make your phone like 6 times faster...no joke :)


My infuse is doing the same thing. my Quadrant score is 1072.
 
The freeze-up issue happened to mine a lot when I first got my phone, but for some reason it stopped happening after I kept using it.

It still does happen now and then though. It's very scatter-bombed. Sometimes it does it when it's just running music player, sometimes it will do it while I'm surfing the web, and other times it'll happen when I'm playing a game or looking at pictures or loading YouTube.

What I did notice though is everyone always removes the battery. I don't know if my phone is the exception but I don't need to do that. I just hold the power button for a very long time (much longer than the usual amount of I hold it to turn it on/off) and eventually it will reset it without me having to remove the battery.

Regardless, I'm just hoping the upcoming Gingerbread update will fix bugs like this. Definitely gets annoying.
 
Back
Top Bottom