• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fresh 2.1.2 out

Just rebooted again and it went away. I just won't use airplane mode unless I want the emergency button stuck on there.

Anyway 2.1.2 is fast fast fast! I didn't really use 2.1.1 so I can't compare but compared to 2.0d it's night and day. No more keyboard lag and my apps like Slacker and Pandora load sooooo much faster. Big ups to Flipz for all his hard work.

Upvote 0
Same here. I'll post it in flipz website.
Thanks. I was just going to do the same, but I'll let you do it since I'm not even registered there yet. Just FYI, I tried uninstalling it and re-installing the 1.6 version from their website and still didn't work. I also tried uninstalling it and re-installing 2.0.1 version and it still didn't work. Finally, I just restored my 2.1.1 backup and everything is working fine again.

Upvote 0
I've read a few posts of people saying that it "unrooted" their phone. I'm not even sure how that is possible, but has anyone had any major issues like that? I've got it loaded up ready to flash (nandroid backup already made) but I just want to get a few more comments.

I had no such problems. Honestly, I don't even see how that would happen. They probably weren't rooted to being with.

Upvote 0
it doesn't unroot it, but for me wireless tether doesn't work and free space has gone down significantly.

i had 2.1.1 and just did an upgrade to 2.1.2. it saved my settings and layout and programs etc. but i went from 76mb free to 30mb free and there is more lag with the new animations even after restarts.

See above for wireless tether fix.

Reactions: nodrogkam
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones