• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froot Loops for Boot Loops, Moto Edition

Rgarner

Android Expert
May 9, 2017
I have been having trouble charging the Moto G Stylus. Different cords and wall warts and outlets have not really helped. This morning I finally got it to come on, but it got stuck in a very short bootloop showing the logo. Now it is doing the same thing but with a black screen and an open android. Maybe I can post a bad picture taken with that lousy icon phone. The word below the two arrows is start, but it does not work.
IMG_20210204_083402_4.jpg

Unfortunately, I cannot do a better photo because the icon is taking the pictures, not the Moto G Stylus. I cannot take a screenshot of it either. The options are maybe bogus because I could not get it to do any of them. Eventually it went back to a regular (I guess) short bootloop (Moto screen, charging picture, black, repeat). I finally got it shut off or maybe it just ran out of energy.

Upvote 0
Why not you try to re-install the stock ROM? You can get it from Lolinet.
from here https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/????
I have no idea how to do that. Wouldn't the phone have to be rooted? I just hope it holds up, which it has been doing fine since yesterday.
if so, then i believe your phone's codename is minsk.. not sure though that motorolla has a tool to flash those files from lolinet. at least it is hard to find using a google search. it is definitely not as easy as a samsung phone.

edit: and no you do not have to be rooted to flash a firmware update.

Reactions: Rgarner and MrJavi
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones