• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

froyo 2.2 for virgin usa samsung intercept

Upvote 0
I was going to force flash it but after reading the sdx page 4 people are complaining they lost data...

Same here but I would rather not have a brick and just suck it up and wait... I am going to email VM again, the response they sent me was completely useless.

Thanks for contacting Virgin Mobile Customer Care.

Regarding Updates such as the software and the download app cannot be updated at the moment. Our advice would be for you to stay tuned to our website at www.virginmobileusa.com where you will find news and feedback about our latest updates and services.

Hope this helps, If you need additional assistance, feel free to let us know how we can assist further or contact us at 1-888-322-1122 (or *VM from your handset). You can reach us Monday through Sunday 4am-9pm PST.

Thanks,

Yader
Virgin Mobile At Your Service
Prepaid Cell Phone Service and Pay as You Go | Virgin Mobile

I still have not heard or seen anything on this update but I will check again and let you all know.

Upvote 0
I wouldnt hold my breath for the update. I had a similar scenario with a windows phone a couple of years ago (6.1 -> 6.5). A forum thread went into great detail how some cust. reps had said its coming and others said it wasnt etc. Long story short - three years later and the phone never did get the update.

I say embrace what we have (2.1) and go from there....

Upvote 0
I wouldnt hold my breath for the update. I had a similar scenario with a windows phone a couple of years ago (6.1 -> 6.5). A forum thread went into great detail how some cust. reps had said its coming and others said it wasnt etc. Long story short - three years later and the phone never did get the update.

I say embrace what we have (2.1) and go from there....

The only difference is the parent company Sprint has indeed updated the Intercept, so it's much more plausible that it's happening on VM. I am pretty tired of waiting though..

Upvote 0
The only difference is the parent company Sprint has indeed updated the Intercept, so it's much more plausible that it's happening on VM. I am pretty tired of waiting though..

That makes it much more likely that they will but I guess we shouldn't get too excited until we here some official word. I wish they would just tell us already cause if they aren't gonna do it, I am just rooting my phone lol I check my phone like 5 times a day for updates and nothing comes through. :(

Upvote 0
Here is what I got back a second time.... no such luck on an exact date, but from the sounds of the response, it seems like it is "supposed" to come out. But like magohn said, they could just be saying that but never release it or wait a LONG time to release it. Watch though, the day I root my phone is the day it gets released... lol

Hello Cory,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Mobile Customer Care.First let me extend my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

To answer your question, it i only a matter of time, it may be soon that our customers will have the update available please keep checking our website for future updates.

If you need additional assistance, feel free to let us know how we can assist further or contact us at 1-888-322-1122 (or *VM from your handset). You can reach us Monday through Sunday from 6am-9pm PST.

Thanks
Elisa
Virgin Mobile At Your Service
www.virginmobileusa.com

Upvote 0
I was looking at their site a moment ago, and on Virgin Mobile's "Question and Answer" page for the Samsung Intercept, someone posted an answer there saying that there will be an update by the end of January. I am not too sure how reliable that answer is.

I am pretty much like everyone on here: on the fence about rooting it. Right now, I am holding out for an over-the-air update from Virgin Mobile. I guess we will have to wait and see how that goes. The phone that I have is pretty sluggish and I have a few problems with it here and there. I have read somewhere that the Android 2.2 is supposed to be 2-5 faster than 2.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones