• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo 2.2 Upgrade help

Howdy all,

Cam anyone advise me where to turn. Received the upgrade from Telstra Australia today for my Desire. I'm not very good with the tech and software side of things (quite a dunce really) and have looked for a guide as to what to do prior to installing the update and also once completed. Is anyone able to steer me in the right direction as to where a good guide is or maybe a few pointers.

My phone isn't rooted and is not something I want to gamble with being not techsavvy.

Thanks in advance.

htcforme

Howdy all,
Cam anyone advise me where to turn. Received the upgrade from Telstra Australia today for my Desire. I'm not very good with the tech and software side of things (quite a dunce really) and have looked for a guide as to what to do prior to installing the update and also once completed.
There isn't much to know, just run the update. It should preserve your text messages, contacts, etc. You may lose calendar events (I did when I updated with the generic firmware), but if you use Google syncing, then it will re-sync the events. There's very little to worry about.

Having said that, after an update I recommend a factory reset to clear the cache and settings. The reset will wipe the text messages, phone contacts, calendar, downloaded apps, everything (the memory card will not be erased though). It will even run the intial setup again just like when it was brand new. This sounds like a hassle, and it is a bit, but it does ensure the phone is starting fresh without any old data corruption. You can get a backup app to save settings, texts, etc.

Reactions: htcforme
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones