• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo Bugs and Questions - Post em Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
Running Debranded Orange Desire.

I have noticed that some of the Stock Sense Widgets do not Sync properly when using the "Sync All" Widget. Not only that, when I try and remove the Broken Widget (i.e. Flip Clock, Twitter, Weather) it allow me to delete it, however an active version of the Widget Remains underneath. Its like pulling the Skin of a Cold Coffee, its rather odd. After a Reboot, the Problem Widget('s) are gone leaving nothing but my wallpaper behind. Which might I add is the very cool Quads wallpaper from the Market (Free too)

I am also a victim of poor Signal, usually at Home I get full "H/3G" but now I'm lucky to get 1-2 Bars. Also if my phone does get full signal, without even touching the phone, the Signal drops to 1 Bars. It dances about like Elvis on Crack.

To be completely honest, I have not had a chance to try the web browser because the phone keeps flipping due to the now over sensitive G-Sensor and the new feature, which is what I'm calling "Left Handed Mode". If I don't keep perfectly straight then it Flips the screen to a way I would never even dream of using.

The stupid multi-language option on the keyboard, I want my settings button back. If I looked hard enough I'm sure I could think of more. If I wasn't such a Tech Freak for the newest update I'd be back on 2.1 in a heartbeat. I salute you HTC for your efforts in pushing 2.2 out, however it is very much a Beta. It's like having my G1 all over again.

Looking forward to the next attempt.

Upvote 0
The ability to quickly switch between different keyboards/dictionaries is a great feature for me since I write in both English and Swedish. Maybe they should have kept the settings button, though? Or made it so that you get to Settings if you long-press on the keyboard language option.

An option to turn off "left-handed" mode would also be nice.

Upvote 0
Updated to Froyo this evening, but it seems to be few graphic changes.

I'm missing:

- dedicated shortcuts for calls and internet

froyohome.png

- new password- and calendar function

froyokalender.png

- gallery- and video

froyogallery.png

Have others got this graphic changes???

Upvote 0
Edit: I have since fixed this problem by going into Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Internet -> Clear data

Since updating to froyo an hour ago my internet has stopped working. When I click on the internet it says "The application Internet (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I have tried turning the phone off and on & taken the battery out but nothing is working. Does anyone know what I need to do? I'm new to all this and have no idea!

Thanks,

Anna

Upvote 0
I just downloaded froyo OTA and installed it on a normal dutch HTC desire unbranded. I never have rooted my phone or any of that kind, just normal apps. So far that I checked Froyo, almost everything is working just fine!
I can't speak for 3G/H signal because i don't use it, but i do use WIFI at home alot. At first i had also 1 bar where I normally have 5 but while browsing I had full speed. After 5min froyo adjusted my 1 bar to a normal 5 bar. so problem solved

The only thing thats really missing is the privacy section at the settings, where backup used to be standing? anyone knows where its gone ??

Froyo runs alot smoother and faster and my linpack shows MFLOPS around 40 where it used to be 6-7. so thats an improvement.

the only bug I discovered so far is when i go into sms messages and i press a contact to sms with it goes to the wrong contact, but it's not all the time maybe 5% of the time ( and I checked after the first time that it wasn't a misplaced touch with my finger, it is surely a minor bug)

Upvote 0
I also don't see the problem with the adjusted keyboard layout. Where normally stood the annoying keyboard setting button now stands a language switch setting. much handier if you switch language all the time and the keyboard settings button is just at the bottom of the screen when you press the language button. So only 1 click extra and I don't think you have to rearrange settings of the keyboard all the time

Upvote 0

I'm missing:

froyohome.png

froyokalender.png

- gallery- and video

froyogallery.png

is it really possible that people who bought htc desire don't know that they bought phone with htc sense ui and not stock android interface. don't have intention to hassle you or anything but you're not the first with this type of question and it's a surprise for me with htc sense being so advertised.

so, your device is running htc sense user interface on top of android operating system and therefor has the unique look, different from plain android interface. other manufacturers also add their touch to androids interface to make it recognizable.

htc sense with froyo on board, has kept it's looks so it has, amongst all kinds of customizations (icons, widgets, ...), it's own dock and not the stock android one (the one that you're refering to when you're talking about 'dedicated shortcuts for calls and internet'.

if you wanna have optional dedicated icons in dockbar on homescreen, you should check an app called 'launcher pro' which basically replaces sense ui so you'll have more customization options but you'll lose htc sense widgets. there are many topics here about launcher pro so do a little search.

about new password, calendar, gallery and camera/video app are also dedicated to stock android ui. htc sense has it's own variations. but if you're so eager to have the ones you posted, there is option to root and get yourself some of the stock froyo roms. there is whole subforum dedicated to rooting so you maybe wanna check that too.

Upvote 0

HTC Sense replaces much of the stock Android user-interface with its own version, so the update won't be as dramatic as e.g. on the Nexus One. For example, Sense has its own home screen layout, unlock screen, camera applet and calendar application.

I generally prefer the Sense UI, but those translucent shortcut buttons sure look pretty nice compared to the "plastic" opaque buttons of Sense.

Upvote 0

I'm missing:

froyohome.png

froyokalender.png

- gallery- and video

froyogallery.png

Hi,
Sadly, post Froyo, I do not have the graphic changes for the gallery. I do not have the 3D option but still the standard choice of grid or strip. Also I do not have the option of the cute android for Camcorder.
how wierd!
cheers
Marsh

Upvote 0
POP3 in retrieval HTC mail now seems broken.

Prior to upgrade yesterday I was using POP3 to retrieve Gmail and it would quite happily show list of emails. I could then either refresh or come out of the application and back in without loosing them.

Today however the mail application will happily show the emails but if you click refresh or come out and go back in it will delete all the emails.

Have now switched to using IMAP for the time being

I too have an email problem.
Wake up in morning, check to see how many emails I received.
I saw 6 this AM bur didn't open them till after I opened my PC.

When I looked on the Desire they were all gone.

Is this a FROYO but??

Upvote 0
I have an unbranded, factory unlocked HTC Desire and really wish I hadn't updated to 2.2! Its a slower version of 2.1 IMO

1) 720p recording is pointless because the framerate is so low.

2) Calendar syncing seems messed up now, every once in a while, I get a syncing error with it.

3) The most irritating bug for me is in the web browser, scrolling normal web pages is much more laggy. It feels like I'm using the ipod touch V1! Browsing mobile wap sites isnt much of an issue

4) Company Directory still shows up 0 contacts

5) The compass on the maps is no where near accurate anymore

If you haven't got the update, don't worry, I would say keep 2.1!

PS - I've done a few factory resets to see if that would fix the issues, but it hasn't.

Upvote 0
I also wish I hadn't updated to froyo, my desire was faultless running 2.1, now its buggy as Hell, browser is laggy, delayed typing, when I view pictures I have taken they appear as grey and take a few seconds to load up, track pad is unresponsive, all my music album art has disappeared.... is there anyway to go back to 2.1?????

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones