• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root *Fully working H/K conversion for all M8 variants -Except GPE*

Attempting to install the H-K mod & coming across problem #1:

Troubleshooting

ISSUE 1: I've flashed the zip and after reboot I do not have HK in Settings.

Reason: Happens because you did not have false line in system/customize/ACC/default.xml so script did not find it so it couldn't replace false with true

Solution::go to /system/customize/ACC/default.xml
search for and just it below it add:

true

The final result should look like this:
Code:

false
false
false
false
false
true
false
false
false
false
false

Reboot. Profit!

Attempting to edit for the "true".
Being somewhat of a noob,not quite getting where/how to edit this to make it work.
Using the ES File Explorer that came w/the VIPER ROM & I've located the zip.

Could use some guidance on exactly how to proceed from here.

THX! :)

Let me chew on this.

I didn't need it for the previous Viper.

In fact, I think I reflashed this on the latest.

The main thing that I wanted to stress - never edit a system file without a full nandroid.

It's that important.

I'll be back.

Anyone who has the solution in the meantime, great, meanwhile, it's nandroid time if you didn't already.

THX!

Also,as others have mentioned in the XDA thread,when I have H-K installed,it makes BOOMSOUND "disappear",as if it's not even on the phone at all.

Running the H-K disable zip brings it back.

THX!

Also,as others have mentioned in the XDA thread,when I have H-K installed,it makes BOOMSOUND "disappear",as if it's not even on the phone at all.

Running the H-K disable zip brings it back.

That's right, you don't want those two conflicting to control audio.

I'll be back. :)

Been messing around with this stuff for a few days, waiting to post until I figured out how to best set everything up.

Quick tip for Poweramp: you MUST disable Direct Volume Control! --- Otherwise HK mod does absolutely nothing, and V4A sounds rather funky sometimes. Took me a while to find that tidbit buried on the xda thread. [settings->audio->advanced] -- also turn on music FX button here.

I'm still up in the air a bit on whether the HK mod really does that much. I will say after tweaking settings between the 3 I think I'm finally pretty happy.

Using HK plus tweaked V4A plus the built in EQ from Poweramp (I'm not too happy with V4A EQ, doesn't seem like it really does very much) is definitely a marked improvement.

The only real complaint I have so far is the ACG on Viper seems to be a little erratic. Similar songs from the same album/bitrate/frequency are giving me rather varying increase/decrease in volume.

EM, I read yesterday in the H/K Firmware thread that you should flash all of the Firmware updates from .9 to the .15 sequentially. OMJ said there are little firmware bits that each update flashes.

Once I find the post again, I'll link it up.

Also once I get a minute, I'll give this mod a shot. :)

I got a lot of wakelock nonsense after I installed the ERA. Everyone else is really digging it, so I've done a nandroid restore, going to verify my base, and go for the reinstall. I think that I must have gotten a bad flash or something.

Plus of course verify that I followed the instructions.

FYI update to v4 and we have scrossler on the case (w00t!)!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc...-harman-kardon-conversion-htc-one-m8-t2827439

Trying the GSM version, will post back.

Gave up on Project ERA and sticking with Viper4Android but that's just me.

I posted that I had battery issues with ERA, so they explained what I didn't get about my non-ERA battery results. :rolleyes: Later they had ideas and theories where bugs could be but decided that was unpossible because no one was complaining about battery issues. :rolleyes: And then one of them told people with issues to shut up and reflash everything because they tested it and were certain that it had no bugs. :D ymmv

Meanwhile, consensus is that v4 hk is a big improvement over v3, can't wait to try! :)

Ummm - anyone interested in a pricy but really astounding music app - Neutron Player.

I'm still trying to sort out how to album artwork (and I think I followed instructions at their forum) - but still - dang!

Listened to some uncompressed music cd copies and - dang!

I'm still behind the 8 ball EM, haven't even flashed the new firmware. We're not required to flash the H/K firmware this time since the two versions are identical. Once the H/K bits are up to date, the latest will have everything.

By uncompressed copies, do you mean Mp3?

Otherwise, I need to do some research. More than likely tomorrow for all of this stuff. Still trying to get my house in order. :o

1406496796060.jpg

Uncompressed as in bit for bit copy of the 1.4 Mbps PCM stream from the music CD.

Pretty sure that you can get that in a wav container or some sort of flac file in Windows.

All recordings are compressed, then digital is more compression.

Poor choice of words on my part, but way way better than mp3 or aac etc.

I don't know if I suffered placebo effect or not but it sounded better after I updated, and I had another observer agree. :dontknow:

I pulled open the v3 and v4 zips - at least one of the libraries has changed.

I'm going to stick by my recommendation to just flash the whole v4 package.

Ummm - anyone interested in a pricy but really astounding music app - Neutron Player.

I'm still trying to sort out how to album artwork (and I think I followed instructions at their forum) - but still - dang!

Listened to some uncompressed music cd copies and - dang!

Check out "Cover Art Downloader"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birbeck.android.coverart

Have it put artwork inside album folders -
1406525788099.jpg

Or, any jpg where the album is works.

Didn't care for the one for White Ladder, so I grabbed this from Wikipedia, named it artist.jpg and put it with the songs.

1406525898891.jpg

On Neutron Player reduce your preamp gain if your rips are significantly in the red at the low end.

Power saturation trades higher volume for loss of detail.

On mine, -6 dB did the trick.

This will vary depending on how saturated your rips are.

On no account should you increase your preamp gain, unless you want to fry things or know precisely and exactly what you're doing.

This is possibly my best personal music player to date or near to it.

Looks like everything has been moved over to a new thread, and a different dev has taken over for baadnewz.

scrosler now has the reigns and is doing a bang up job.

New mod home here: [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/development/mod-harman-kardon-conversion-htc-one-m8-t2827439'] [MOD][8/3] - Harman / Kardon Sound Mod for All M8's[/URL]

New version is up to 4.1 with a 4.4.3 rom fix. ;)

Looks like everything has been moved over to a new thread, and a different dev has taken over for baadnewz.

scrosler now has the reigns and is doing a bang up job.

New mod home here: [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/development/mod-harman-kardon-conversion-htc-one-m8-t2827439'] [MOD][8/3] - Harman / Kardon Sound Mod for All M8's[/URL]

New version is up to 4.1 with a 4.4.3 rom fix. ;)

Ummm... uhhh... http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=6658529

Anyway, yes and as always, read the OP over there.

Well now.....don't I look the fool. :p

Again, all work and no play makes Granite a dull boy. :o

Man I know better than to just go posting crap without reading the whole thread, bad MOD! :D

You can always hide the evidence, I won't kick. :rofl:

Towards the last page there is an unofficial version called 5.1 that some are digging and some other mods before that.

And srsly, look at the OP there. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom