• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Funny pictures!

I hope your kids are happy.

I went into the arts, and although had a short stint as an engineer, I don't regret it at all.

Sure, I would have made a lot more money if I stayed in the electronics biz, but I'm enjoying my life. Going to work is such a joy, I eagerly anticipate each and every gig. It's the most fun I can have with my clothes on.

Life is short, making a living doing what you love to do is priceless.

I'm of retirement age, and have no plans to do so. I have 20 gigs this month, I'm doing what I love to do, people applaud me ever 3–5 minutes, it's a party, and I'm a big part of the life of that party. I get into that zone where there is no me, just the music coming through me and the energy feeding back from the audience.

My father discouraged me from having a career in the arts. He did it out of his love for me, because "poor, starving artist" came to mind. But I misbehaved and joined a rock and roll band as soon as I graduated.

If I had to do it again, I'd skip the 5 years I wasted as a Cable TV engineer. But I did it because I was trained in electronics, and wondered what it was like to be normal. For me, normal was soooooo overrated.

Notes ♫
Thanks Notes! Our sentiments exactly. You're a smart man! Loving what you do is paramount (and saves a bundle on psychotherapy too).
We have one professional dancer and one pro DJ/promoter/record producer, who we will gladly partially underwrite because while a hefty balance in the checking account might be nice, the joy of doing what they love is way more important.

And they are way beyond their parents talent-wise. Neither of us can dance, so how our daughter landed as a dancer is a mystery. And I am a horribly failed musician (tenor sax too) so no idea where our musician got his talent genes. 😊

Wow, good for you, Notes!
Now we know how you got the nickname.
I also was a musician earlier in life and made a decent amount of money, but it was always my side gig.
Curious to know who the musicians are in our group here. As far as I know, we have Notes on at least tenor (a pro who can make a living at it!), me (lousy) on woodwinds, Danny (who made real money!) - I'll guess on trumpet 🤔

Who else?

74FB917D-E2FA-489B-9EE7-98AAD3CB9B2C.jpeg

Curious to know who the musicians are in our group here. As far as I know, we have Notes on at least tenor (a pro who can make a living at it!), me (lousy) on woodwinds, Danny (who made real money!) - I'll guess on trumpet 🤔

Who else?
Actually I played Bass Guitar in a Wedding Band, much like Adam Sandler in the movie, Wedding Singer, lol!!! Then and now...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1588390248661.jpg
    FB_IMG_1588390248661.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20200729_184839662.jpg
    IMG_20200729_184839662.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 19
Nice to see other musicians here. Actually I got the nickname back before the WWW forums. I joined alt.sax on the usenet, and there already was a Bob, Bobby, and Robert Norton on the newsgroup. My sister's former business partner had nicknames for everyone, and he called me "Notes". I chose that one because it was the first thing to come to mind.

Back on topic. . . . . . . .

- disabled.jpg

Back
Top Bottom