• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Bootloader

Sorry if this has been answered I did search, I just want to confirm my boot loader in Galaxy SGH-I747M and be able to see if it's locked or unlocked, seems simple but apparently not. My build number is JSS15J.I747MVLUEMK5 and I assumed the boot loader was MK5 but then I discovered it could also be the modem, just want to be sure before going further.
Rooted
Recovery TWRP
Rom Manager
Rom Tools
SDK on computer
Should be easy right?
If I posted in the wrong place feel free to let me know, I'll get better.

As far as i know its only the verizon version on 4.3 that has a locked bootloader. Is yours Sprint?
As long as it isnt verizon you can flash unsigned (custom recovery, kernel, rom) but youll void your warranty :thumbup:
Im european but hope that helps a bit
P.s welcome to the site and you posted in the right place imo :beer:
EDIT: the fact that you have TWRP installed proves that your bootloader isnt locked :)

Reactions: kizmoasia
Upvote 0
Thank you for the replies, from what I've been reading everything looks good. One thing that is a little unclear is in download mode the screen does not show any reference to Knox even though Knox is installed on my device. Could this be because Knox was disabled with the Super-su update or because I froze all references to Knox with TB? I believe the information on the screen means the same the same thing however, counter tripped etc. below is what is on download screen.

Odin Mode (red)
Product Name: SGH-I747M
Custom Binary Download: Yes 2 Counts
Current Binary: Custom
System status: Custom
Qualcom Secure Boot: Enable (greyed out)
Warranty Bit: 1
Bootloader AP SWAEV: 1

Thanks again, your time is appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones