• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus & ATT

Hi. I just bought an AT&T "Avail" on their Go Phone program last week. I have a Blackberry through Verizon (company phone) and just wanted a somewhat decent smartphone without any contracts. I am thinking about returning the Avail and buying a Galaxy Nexus. I stopped by the ATT store and the clerk, who seemed disinterested in talking to me, said that the Galaxy Nexus will only work on their "Go Phone" plan if it's "3G only".

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is anyone using a Galaxy Nexus on the ATT Go Phone program? If not (I'm ok bailing on my existing phone number) what sort of price do you pay monthly through AT&T and for what? This guy was telling me my monthly price would be upwards of $80/month for 450mins and 3GB. I really only care about data and would not get any talk plan if it was possible.

Thanks for your help.

KYLE

I am not using AT&T, so I can't tell you what you might pay to use the Nexus on their plans. It is, at least the GSM version you buy from Google, a "3G only" phone (as AT&T describes it), as it doesn't have LTE. HSPA+, however, extends the speeds of 3G.

Though one of the advantages of the Nexus, is you can use it on any GSM carrier. For example, Straight Talk, which uses the AT&T network (make sure you get the AT&T sim), which has an unlimited talk and "unlimited" (2 GB/month) data plan for $45/month.

Back
Top Bottom