• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Note 2 Headphone Jack Too Close?

VASH1291

Lurker
Just got my Galaxy Note 2 a couple of days ago and on the first day I noticed that when the headphone jack is plugged in its actully got no spacing between the body of the phone and the jack input.

As a result if the jack is rotated for any reason it scratches the chromed surface around the headphone jack and creates a half circle on the upper half of the port, for the record it is one of the larger inputs you see on cheaper accesories such as FM Transmitters and Casette Adaptors smaller ones also caues the same effect but closer to the jack and not as harsh.

Anyone else having this issue?

nope all good here after a week of use in the car using fm transmitter through headphone jack, and headpphones at work. Not a single mark.

Just out of interest what sort of headphones and transmitters are you using?

Im using stock headphones that came with it, and a cheapo fm transmitter off ebay, bout 5 or 6 quid that terminates in a headphone plug and runs off 12v. I have it hidden away in glove box with just cable to my phone cradle. superb quality too. think maplins have some in too.

Just got my Galaxy Note 2 a couple of days ago and on the first day I noticed that when the headphone jack is plugged in its actully got no spacing between the body of the phone and the jack input.

As a result if the jack is rotated for any reason it scratches the chromed surface around the headphone jack and creates a half circle on the upper half of the port, for the record it is one of the larger inputs you see on cheaper accesories such as FM Transmitters and Casette Adaptors smaller ones also caues the same effect but closer to the jack and not as harsh.

Anyone else having this issue?

Can you possibly post pics so we can see what it looks like or how much damage has been done?

Back
Top Bottom