• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Galaxy Note 8 glass screen protector options

Thanks for that. I left a message on Amazon and it was answered immediately. They answered that it is compatible with the Otterbox Defender!

That's great, now you can also give a try.
My advice is to watch the installation guide several times before attaching. Might be a bit difficult for the first time. Good luck.

Thanks for that. I left a message on Amazon and it was answered immediately. They answered that it is compatible with the Otterbox Defender!

Great, now you can also give a try. Watch the install guide in YouTube before attaching. Installation was a bit difficult for me.

Great, now you can also give a try. Watch the install guide in YouTube before attaching. Installation was a bit difficult for me.

Oh I thought my first comment was gone so I wrote again hah

Watch the install guide in YouTube before attaching. Installation was a bit difficult for me.

I received the Gobukee yesterday and I have it on now. The installation wasn't too bad but you were right, the video needs to be watched because it doesn't really apply like the less adhesive ones. I have to admit that the sensitivity was really good and the fit is okay. My issue is that the adhesive wasn't quite enough on the edges. I think that once they fix that, they will have a great product. It's only been a few hours, but so far, no other issue with the case (Otterbox Defender).

I have been rolling with either my S Cover or my Spigen clear case (with kickstand) but with either case, I never used a screen protector. Last week I picked up a really small gouge in the screen so I opted for the Techmatte 3D curve screen protector purchased from Amazon. Good price, very easy to install, and very easy to register your purchase. I am very satisfied with this protector so far.

I have been rolling with either my S Cover or my Spigen clear case (with kickstand) but with either case, I never used a screen protector. Last week I picked up a really small gouge in the screen so I opted for the Techmatte 3D curve screen protector purchased from Amazon. Good price, very easy to install, and very easy to register your purchase. I am very satisfied with this protector so far.
After using the Techmatte 3D curve screen protector now for a week, I have to say I am neutral on this protector. I have to use more force when touching the screen and the screen pops around the top 2 corners when I press down there. Touch sensitivity is completely due to the protector but issue with the corners I feel may be a result of the Spigen clear case that I am currently using.

I have been scouring the internet for the best screen protector for the Note 8 (that isn't the Whitestone Dome Glass) and have found mixed reviews on many products. Just a disclaimer I will be using the OtterBox Commuter case for this device. Just got the Note 8 for Sprint and wanted to see what the forums had to recommend.

Hi,

I used Zagg. I liked the clarity. What I didn't like was what it looked like as it cracked a lot. :). Very brittle.

Last edited:
Hi,

I used Zagg. I liked the clarity. What I didn't like was what it looked like as it cracked a lot. :). Very brittle.

I've been using a Zagg Glass Curve screen protector since I purchased my N8 new. I agree that they do crack on occasion, but with their lifetime warranty, it's easy to get a replacement. Which, BTW, I've now done four times (so, I'm on my fifth screen protector in a little less than two years). To get a replacement, you log into their website, click on their "Get a replacement" link, fill out the info, and a replacement is on the way. Once the replacement arrives, there's a return envelope in the package where you place you're broken screen and mail it back to them. You pay shipping costs, which are about $10, but you get a new protector in the process. The screens aren't hard to install, so that's a plus. Also, I've not had any "edge" or other usability issues involving the screen in regards to phone functionality.

I've also been using a Spigen case on it since new, which has protected the rest of the phone. I'm not careless with my handling, but have dropped it a couple times. I've never scratched or dented the phone in either situation (one of which was on very rough concrete and had me a bit worried), but one of those drops did crack my Zagg screen protector.

I've been very happy with both products and would definitely buy them for my next phone.

Back
Top Bottom