• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy s2 orange uk firmware problem (i think)

mouseyinit

Lurker
Apr 19, 2012
Hi there

This is my first post in a forum EVER so excuse me if im breaking any rules here and yes i have searched this just cant find an answer anywhere. So anyway heres the rundown.

I will try my best to be specific here goes. basically i took out a galaxy s2 on contract(orange uk) and decided to root it for ics i did this successfully with no problems but i didnt take a note of the original firmware details, now i want to go back to my stock firmware because i would like to get the official orange ics update due to roll out tommorow but im extremely confused i searched for hours until i found one that i thought matched mine it is an official orange uk firmware turns out it didnt and kies wont recognise it i just get "your device does not support software upgrading via kies" whereas before the root it said something like there is no software update available for your device im not really sure where to go next because i would rather have the official update than a custom rom

this is officially driving me mental help would be extremely appreciated

i think i might have sorted it now after all that i think although my contract is with orange its still sim-free as with every other phone from phones4u so i think i have been getting the wrong firmware all along didnt realy understand the whole csc thing tbh :/

if im still stuck later il be back haha

thank you for your reply good sir... oh er init lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones