• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S2 to VZW?

Ibrick

Android Expert
So from the reports I've read, the SGS2 will be available for all 4 major carriers. The SGS2 is WAY ahead of the proto Sammy device VZW was showing at CES when showing the LTE lineup, and looks nothing like it.

At this point it's very possible the SGS2 could be released in America BEFORE VZW releases their downgraded LTE version. What sense would that make for VZW to do that?

I guess I'm wondering if there's ANY reputable reports stating that the SGS2 will be coming to VZW in full LTE glory?

What reports are you referring to? I've seen T-Mobile USA confirm SGS2, but nobody else. References?

The TMo confirmation was a mistake that was quickly retracted. They were confirming the Galaxy S 4G. There's been no confirmation of any US carrier from what I could find.. The best I could find is testers assuming that since the original was released for all 4 carriers, the S2 would be too, which was my mistake for posting that. Maybe I was hoping that would be the case..

I still find it a little strange that VZW would demo a LTE Galaxy S device at CES, knowing that the S2 has superior specs and would be available around the same time.

Here's hoping the Bionic has an unlocked bootloader.. The more I wait, the more I'm thinking of passing up the Thunderbolt for something worth waiting for.

Ok, whew, cause Galaxy S2 + Verizon LTE = insanity. I'd have been all over that like shit on toilet paper.

I hope samsung has better updating for this phone than the SGS1.

I'm assuming they will since it's going to be their flagship phone.

They werent reffering to sgs4g, that info. Was already out for a month when THEY MADE A SLIP ON TWITTER. TMOBILE will get it, probably not till june though so they can sell the htc pyramid first(which comes out in may, told by tmobile customer servive and store rep) so people wont be waiting for the sgs2. U know how they want people to spend more money than they really have to. But i will be waiting on sgs2, happy vibrant owner and dont care about ALL THAT SAMSUNG HATE. THE SGS2 will be a BEAST.

Back
Top Bottom