• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Lollipop?

androidlover9

Android Enthusiast
Can anyone confirm if Cyanogenmod has made a lollipop version for the galaxy S3 yet?

Also, are they making Cyanogenmod 12?

Would you recommend Cyanogenmod to someone? Is it buggy or?...

And what's the best way to back up all my stuff? (I have a micro sd card, but I don't know if that will work)

Yeah I tried a very alpha version of a lollipop rom (nameless rom) on my s3 and I think there's a cm build out now but they're very basic right now.
None of the features you'd expect. It's basically like running a bare bones nexus.
Also the radios didn't work for me on nameless.
I'd wait a couple of months if I was you

Yeah I tried a very alpha version of a lollipop rom (nameless rom) on my s3 and I think there's a cm build out now but they're very basic right now.
None of the features you'd expect. It's basically like running a bare bones nexus.
Also the radios didn't work for me on nameless.
I'd wait a couple of months if I was you

Aren't Nexus devices barebones any ways?

And back when I had CM 11 it was working fine for me, I just didn't like the way it looked.

And I HATE the roms that make it so that your menu and back key light up every time you touch the screen/press home button, my phone's official rom isn't like that so yeah :P

Yeah them button lights are a pet hate of mine and not being able to turn em off was a major pita for me.
That's what I meant about it being pure nexus... No phone specific options which is why I'm gonna wait for a rom team to have a specific s3 maintainer :)

Yeah them button lights are a pet hate of mine and not being able to turn em off was a major pita for me.
That's what I meant about it being pure nexus... No phone specific options which is why I'm gonna wait for a rom team to have a specific s3 maintainer :)

When there is one please tell me, I really like material design from all the updates Google has made recently

I have Omnirom V5 on my S3- running 4.4.4, with Nova launcher. From what I read on the forums and xda site, the Omni version of Lollipop is not far away. My S3 is running great, so for me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Best part is no Sammy crap- internal ram running at 270-435 mb free all the time. With 4.3 it was down to under 70mb- making it a slug.

Can anyone confirm if Cyanogenmod has made a lollipop version for the galaxy S3 yet?

Also, are they making Cyanogenmod 12?
o.png

Would you recommend Cyanogenmod to someone? Is it buggy or?...

And what's the best way to back up all my stuff? (I have a micro sd card, but I don't know if that will work)
not confirmed for galaxy s3 yet!

Here is the aicp lollipop link for the sprint s3 https://plus.google.com/108274519659425959690/posts/EDAXmP29y7e
Its the google+ page.
I'll get the cm12 one. There is also a liquid smooth lollipop for sprint s3.(d2spr) but I tried them all on my virgin mobile s3, worked fine. Some have camera issues, some only work with a 3rd party camera, on one camera doesn't work at all. I don't remember which.
Here is the unofficial cm12 build for sprint s3 (d2spr) http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/6794404

I have Omnirom V5 on my S3- running 4.4.4, with Nova launcher. From what I read on the forums and xda site, the Omni version of Lollipop is not far away. My S3 is running great, so for me, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Best part is no Sammy crap- internal ram running at 270-435 mb free all the time. With 4.3 it was down to under 70mb- making it a slug.

Does it work with every S3? And does it have any special features?

not confirmed for galaxy s3 yet!

Thanks (I miss the thanks feature :( )

Here is the aicp lollipop link for the sprint s3 https://plus.google.com/108274519659425959690/posts/EDAXmP29y7e
Its the google+ page.
I'll get the cm12 one. There is also a liquid smooth lollipop for sprint s3.(d2spr) but I tried them all on my virgin mobile s3, worked fine. Some have camera issues, some only work with a 3rd party camera, on one camera doesn't work at all. I don't remember which.
Here is the unofficial cm12 build for sprint s3 (d2spr) http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/6794404

I don't have a sprint S3, and since that cm12 is (supposedly) out now, why would you want an unofficial version?

Kingo is supposed to work with GTi9300- as that is what I have, I never looked further. Load and run it on phone, - if it roots, great, if not, go with cm.
Apart from featuring No sammy ware, Omnirom has a multitude of fettling tools, and with Nova, the amount of customisation is nigh on endless

Kingo is supposed to work with GTi9300- as that is what I have, I never looked further. Load and run it on phone, - if it roots, great, if not, go with cm.
Apart from featuring No sammy ware, Omnirom has a multitude of fettling tools, and with Nova, the amount of customisation is nigh on endless

Yeah I know about Nova launcher, I love it so much lol.

What is up with all these strange names for roms? How do people even remember them... XD

Do these roms have individual websites that say more information like CM?

Turn off phone-get back off and remove battery and it will tell you on a sticker on phone.
OR
Settings- About phone- and there it is

Thanks (I miss the thanks feature :( )

I don't have a sprint S3, and since that cm12 is (supposedly) out now, why would you want an unofficial version?
I linked unofficial because there is no official
Cm12 for the sprint S3. Cm has to be built for each device and they have not built it yet. Unofficial does not mean inferior, it just means someone else built it from cm source code.

I linked unofficial because there is no official
Cm12 for the sprint S3. Cm has to be built for each device and they have not built it yet. Unofficial does not mean inferior, it just means someone else built it from cm source code.

How do I find out if they built it for my version of the S3?

Back
Top Bottom