• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy S3 Lollipop?

Got to root it first to do anything else with it. :D

I ran my S3 rooted for a few weeks while I looked for a rom to put on it. I found out about Omniron v5 and eventually got that on the phone. Even if Omni bring out Lollipop 5, I won't probably bother. Newer is not always nicer.

I dunno, I just want someone out there to make a stock android rom for every device out there instead of having to deal with all these different varients...

I think I'm just going to install Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.4 version since that CM 12 is probably buggy, any recommendations on how I should back-up all my stuff?

I think I'm just going to install Cyanogenmod 11 4.4.4 version since that CM 12 is probably buggy, any recommendations on how I should back-up all my stuff?
Standard backup. Use an app backup (like titanium) to backup your user apps. And use custom recovery (like philz touch or clockworkmod) to backup the whole phone.

Standard backup. Use an app backup (like titanium) to backup your user apps. And use custom recovery (like philz touch or clockworkmod) to backup the whole phone.

So all my game data and stuff will be stored? And the last time I installed CM I didn't use a custom recovery but it worked out well still lol.

So all my game data and stuff will be stored? And the last time I installed CM I didn't use a custom recovery but it worked out well still lol.
You can backup your apps with titanium backup and all app data will be backed up. You want to change where titanium stores backups in its settings. It normally stores on internal but you want to change to external SD since you have to wipe data to install a ROM.

You can backup your apps with titanium backup and all app data will be backed up. You want to change where titanium stores backups in its settings. It normally stores on internal but you want to change to external SD since you have to wipe data to install a ROM.

So it's a completely free app? Cool I'll do this over the weekend though since it's my last week of school before our break.

So it's a completely free app? Cool I'll do this over the weekend though since it's my last week of school before our break.
It is free. There is a paid key you can purchase to unlock more features, but the free version performs app backups just fine.

It is free. There is a paid key you can purchase to unlock more features, but the free version performs app backups just fine.

I got an OTA update on my phone that's 28 MB... supposedly it doesn't change the firmware though, still 4.4.2... idk what it's for but I know I'm not the only one since sammobile already has the roms for it lol.

I think the free version makes you tap "yes" for every app you restore or something annoying like that so it's well worth buying the paid version if you have the money.
And (sorry Madbat) but you don't have to make the backup save to external as a data wipe in custom recovery doesn't touch files like that

I think the free version makes you tap "yes" for every app you restore or something annoying like that so it's well worth buying the paid version if you have the money.
And (sorry Madbat) but you don't have to make the backup save to external as a data wipe in custom recovery doesn't touch files like that

I'm fine with a free version I think.

But if I don't use an SD card, how am I supposed to restore my data if I have to wipe my phone any ways?

Also, what is the easiest and most safe way to root your phone?

I'm fine with a free version I think.

But if I don't use an SD card, how am I supposed to restore my data if I have to wipe my phone any ways?

Also, what is the easiest and most safe way to root your phone?
Wiping your phone with custom recovery won't wipe internal Sd.
Root depends on which s3 you have. Model number and carrier.

Wiping your phone with custom recovery won't wipe internal Sd.
Root depends on which s3 you have. Model number and carrier.

Really? Thanks for that information :)

And would it be too much to ask for you to find one for me Model number: SGH-i747M carrier: Bell Mobile?

Wouldn't that mess with calls and stuff though?
No. Just the root stuff. Like installing Odin on pc. Then use Odin to install recovery. Or try towelroot first. Towelroot is easy, just install the app and click make it rain. But if that doesn't work go Odin route.

No. Just the root stuff. Like installing Odin on pc. Then use Odin to install recovery. Or try towelroot first. Towelroot is easy, just install the app and click make it rain. But if that doesn't work go Odin route.

Oh, I already have Odin V3.09 installed, and the rom I decided on was Likewise S5, I might try towel root if it really is as easy as you said it was though.

Back
Top Bottom