• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy y can't start

<Deleted>

Sorry guys - Had been long since I logged in to this forums.

At the time of writing this post in January, there was nothing as Odin or cwm for this device. So I found a way that could work and bring our galaxy y back.

You can go to xda forums link given by vonchi182 and download a latest rom for your country and flash via odin.

If you need your data to be preserved then before flashing:

1. Download and put this file CWM.zip in your sd card (not in any folder, just sdcard).
2. Pull off your battery n press vol up key + home key then power key. You'll be in recovery mode in some seconds.
3. Select apply update from sdcard and select cwm.zip. (Use vol keys to navigate and home key to select) You'll be in a different recovery now.
4. Select backup and restore

Reactions: manoranjan2050
Upvote 0
I too had the same problem, the phone kept on showing the S logo.
1> First downloaded droid explorer (make a search in google)
2> Install droid explorer and it'll ask you for the android sdk path and locate it.
3> Now switch on your phone and connect via a usb cable (S logo doesn't matter).
4> Open droid explorer, your phone will be detected. Connect it and you'll be able to see the galaxy y's filesystem in the explorer.
5> Then open the the downloaded ICS theme archive using winrar or any other i.e., """"[UPDATED]ICStheme_Galaxy-Y_by_pratyush.cree.zip"""" file.
6> Open the system folder in the archive(zip file)...as well as droid explorer.
7> Copy all (media,framework,fonts,etc,bin,app,builld.prop) from droid explorer's system folder to your archive and overwrite it.
8>delete the bootanimation.zip file that will be in the "media" folder of the archive.
Remove the usb from phone and pull of the battery. Thats it save all the changes you've made to the archive and put it in the sdcard. Put the phone in the download mode and do it as you did to install this i.e., install update from sdcard.
Done!!!
Your Galaxy Y is back.....

Hello, i have the same problem, after i use a application called Anim Mod and after that it also kept on showing *samsung GALAXY Y Young*

I just have a question and i really need your help as soon as possible...

What should i need to do if droid explorer can't detect my phone?

Why i cant connect my phone to my PC?

Upvote 0
I'm also having a similar problem...

I recently brought Galaxy Y.

Initially was able to connect to PC via USB.
Present problem is when connected with USB the phone starts charging , but a device is not detected from PC.:adore:Therefore unable to transfer data from the PC.

Kies installed , which again doesn't show a device plugged.
No message in the phone mentioning whether to allow tranfer data in the upper bar.

Any experties
pls

Upvote 0
I'm also having a similar problem...

I recently brought Galaxy Y.

Initially was able to connect to PC via USB.
Present problem is when connected with USB the phone starts charging , but a device is not detected from PC.:adore:Therefore unable to transfer data from the PC.

Kies installed , which again doesn't show a device plugged.
No message in the phone mentioning whether to allow tranfer data in the upper bar.

Any experties
pls

Remove ur battery and try agn or/and re-install ur kies (uninstall -install AGN) also try with different usb port ........ its some driver problem

Upvote 0
Hello, i have the same problem, after i use a application called Anim Mod and after that it also kept on showing *samsung GALAXY Y Young*

I just have a question and i really need your help as soon as possible...

What should i need to do if droid explorer can't detect my phone?

Why i cant connect my phone to my PC?
I also did the same thing .. and Im also facing the same problem .. have U restored ur phone .. If u did pls cud u help me

Upvote 0
hey guys!!

the problems is ur phone won't boot bcuz of some applications installed or some modifications made that is not compatible with the galaxy y.

my advice is to check if u can still go to recovery mode. by pressing power + home button + volume up at the same time.

if still u can go to recovery mode, try wiping cache and all users data (it will hard reset ur phone)

but if you can't go to recovery mode or u tried the above step and still ur phone wont reboot...

try searching the web about guides and tutorials for flashing stock rom via odin for galaxy y.

and maybe this link will help u http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1465800

best regards! ^_^

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones