• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GApps on Nookie Froyo without ADB?

lvlln

Nov 10, 2009
metanorn.net
I've been going crazy the last few hours looking for how to install GApps onto Nookie Froyo (0.68) without using ADB. I figured there should be some simple flashable zip that I can use in ClockworkMod recovery, but that doesn't seem to exist. I tried using the CM7 one with no luck. I tried creating my own using files from an ADB-based guide with no luck, either.

Is there any way to get GApps onto Nookie Froyo without ADB? As you can probably guess, I've spent hours trying to get ADB to work on my PC, because that seems to be the easiest method. I can ADB into my HTC Incredible just fine, but no matter how many times I follow the directions and troubleshoot, the Nook simply doesn't show up as a device.

I imagine this is a path that others have followed before, so it puzzles me as to why there's no guide or, again, a simple flashable zip.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones