• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GB with S-OFF, any confirmation on result, and best way to do?

WS6Fury

I'm running Liberation v1.1 and used unrevoked3 to root the phone. I looked in hboot and see that my phone is S-OFF (not sure how cause I don't think I did unrevoked forever, just downloaded the app and rooted away).

Please be gentle as I'm a complete newbie to this, but I see people posting that if I'm with S-OFF, it is safe to install the GB update OTA, and if I decide it is not for me, I can go back and use Liberation v1.1? Is this accurate?

If so, what is the safest means of achieving this? I read somewhere to load the stock Froyo 2.2 and then do the 2.3.4 update... but I'm lost on the best means of doing this and keeping S-OFF if this allows me to revert back.

Thanks for guidance in advance :)

If you are running liberation, you are basically already running the OTA, so just stay where you are at...
the official OTA has some minor bugs that you do not have in your current rom.

If you are running liberation, you are basically already running the OTA, so just stay where you are at...
the official OTA has some minor bugs that you do not have in your current rom.

I'm only running Liberation V1.1, are you referencing Liberation 2.0 RCO that has the GB shell (or however you call or reference it)?

Ok cool! BTW, out of curiosity what bugs are there with the OTA update vs Liberation 2.0? I was kinda thinking 2.0 had some quirks that the OTA was solid on.

Medion would probably be able to answer this better, but I know the official OTA shows your phone as having the wrong screen size and the market thinks you are on a sprint phone (in other words an Evo).

Oh damn!! Didn't know that. Figured since they were pushing the OTA to the Dinc's they woulda caught that... figures!!

Back
Top Bottom