• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root General Network Error sending/downloading MMS

calvinrw

ROM: Mikfroyo 4.61
Kernel: Netarchy 4.3.4 nosbc-havs-more-universal

Every since I've been rooted, I've had issues sending and receiving MMS. Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

That may be your problem may be a glitch in the download... do a nandroid re down.load the rom and flash it if it don't.work flash.your.nandroid and come on back...

I've had this problem sporadically since before I rooted. in fact I just spent all freaking day yesterday trying to fix it. I finally got them working again, but I don't know which of my (many) actions did the trick. among the things I did:

1. signed up/in to sprint picture mail and deleted all the sent and received messages from my account

2. force closed the messaging service, deleted the cache/data, then restarted the messaging app

3. ran mr. ed's prl/profile fix

4. converted all of my contact numbers so that they were formatted xxxxxxxxxx instead of xxx.xxx.xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx

something in there worked for me. On easter sunday I kept getting this error. (the message eventually got through, four hours later).

try signing onto picture mail and see if you can send from there, when I tried to resend a photo from the website, I got an error until I changed the way the phone number was input, then it went through right away. So I changed all the numbers in my phone and it seems to be working again

Go into settings / system updates / update PRL. Let it do its thing. Then do Update Profile. This might help. You can update these if you're rooted, won't hurt you.
Don't update firmware or HTC software update if you have a custom recovery, bad juju.

I have had this happen to me every now and then.
I am not sure if its a root issue for me.

what worked for me (may or may not work for you):
- I make sure I am connected to wifi or 3g network, before sending an mms.

- if I try to send an mms, before connecting to wifi or 3g, I get that same error message every few minutes pop up on my notification bar. if this happens I go in and cancel and delete the message, then turn off and back on wifi or 3g and resend message.

- if connected and still got the message after sending mms, sometimes a picture(s) attachment would be too large, and cause the error. When this happens, then I cancel and delete the mms and compress the pics or send them separately ...which would do the trick.

- Sometimes just turning off and back on my wifi or 3g, before sending an mms also works.

.....Again, may or may not work for you. Any combination of the above has fixed the error message for me. Hopefully you get it figured out soon, it can be pretty annoying!

first time AForum post .... rooted my tbolt, kept it at regular ole HTC 2.1 and have been loving it, except, like some here, i have not been able to send MMS messages despite installing busybox, running fix permissions in ROM manager. I was pretty tame in renaming bloatware APKd and odexs, so been trying different crap to get it working.

it works now .. heres what I did

Force stopped and cleared caches on the following
- all MMS apps (HTC and Handscent for me)
- google services (probably not neccesary)
- profile widget
- mobile IM
- mobile instant messaging
- media uploader

I did this in no particular order and did them all at once.

I then ran CacheMate clear and included PowerClear ... maybe not necessary either

rebooted just to start fresh
and voila .... back to be a HUGE fan of rooting

I also updated PRL .. probably extraneous as well

so I did not go about it in an orderly fashion ... oh well
hope this helps some of you

Back
Top Bottom