• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gingerbread Wireless Issues

nigsy

Android Enthusiast
Hi since I've got the GB update yesterday battery performance has been terrible. It seems to be the wireless / data connection...it can't make up it's mind what needs to be on and is constantly switching between data and wireless.

I cant turn the wireless off through any of the settings, it just comes straight back on again!!

I have had to charge it 2 times from flat since 10am yesterday with hardly any usage.

I was getting over a day on a single charge before upgrade???

I read on here a while back that in doing the Gingerbread update, someone had moved the WiFi signal threshold at which the phone decides the 3G signal is better up a bit. This means that the phone will drop the connection and move to the mobile network when there's still a viable and useful WiFi signal.

Pain in the bum for me, I can be sitting in the lounge and the WiFi will drop out, never used to before GB. Also, a number of apps I have don't seem to be too happy when this happens.

I'd love to just change that threshold to something more sensible, which I think can be done, but you need to root the phone first. Unless HTC are planning a fix, of course..

Al.

I read on here a while back that in doing the Gingerbread update, someone had moved the WiFi signal threshold at which the phone decides the 3G signal is better up a bit. This means that the phone will drop the connection and move to the mobile network when there's still a viable and useful WiFi signal.

Pain in the bum for me, I can be sitting in the lounge and the WiFi will drop out, never used to before GB. Also, a number of apps I have don't seem to be too happy when this happens.

I'd love to just change that threshold to something more sensible, which I think can be done, but you need to root the phone first. Unless HTC are planning a fix, of course..

Al.
I agree it does this read my post on my take on the GB update

This isn't going to be much help to you, but since the update my WiFi performance has dramatically improved.

Lying in bed upstairs at the back of my house, the router is downstairs at the front, I never used to be able to get a signal. Now its full strength and I can browse the web in bed over WiFi. I'm very happy.

Back
Top Bottom