• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Gingervillain

Ok try this, make sure gps is disabled, and reboot the phone, when it reboots switch gps back on and see if it works then. If it does, try turning off and back on, if it fails to turn back on start again but leave your gps on, nothing will need it unless you switch navigation on or the like, if that is how its working its very similar to a problem in an earlier gv, you will just have to wait for an update.

Upvote 0
I'm on 2.3 and don't have any issues so is it worth upgrading to 2.5 for anything?

I don't want to run the risk of screwing up the GPS if there's no benefit to upgrading.

I was on 2.1 for a while. Decided to try 2.4, and I think I'm going to go back now. Never had any issues with 2.1, but 2.4 sometimes has problems with the GPS (for me) not turning on, plus I feel like it lags more or is slower. That's probably just anecdotal though.

Upvote 0
I'm on 2.5 and have flashed pretty much every version of GV since 0.8. No problem here with GPS. As an example just opened up GPS test and picked up about 9 satellites with position lock in about 15-20s, on a wet day with heavy cloud cover.

I always leave the GPS on as suggested above - it's only in use when there is a GPS icon in the status bar.

Use it with Google Maps, MapDroyd and RunKeeper, but can't comment about other apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones