• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GMAIL 2.3 in Market - Can't Install

jiggaDROID

So I randomly noticed today that Gmail 2.3 is available in the market, which is the highest version I've seen anywhere. It shows up in my list of downloads, but doesn't show as 'Installed.' I'm currently running 2.2.1 on rooted Inc.

When I click install, it says that it is unsuccessful. Do I need to remove 2.2.1 first, and then try to install? It doesn't give the "update" option. Just want to make sure uninstalling 2.2.1 won't cause any issues.

i was unaware gmail updated until you posted this.
tried to update and it worked no problem for me

I'm running on Cyanogen 6.0.2 and was running gmail 2.2.1

what rom are you running?

I'm running Virtuous 2.7. Tried uninstalling 2.2.1 through Titanium then installing through Market.. didn't work.

More importantly than updating the version, I'd just like to have the access through the market instead of having to find the .apks.

I am 100% stock (with Gmail 2.2.1 previously installed, via .apk)

Gmail 2.3 installed directly from the Market without a hitch!

I just deleted from Titanium and tried again and still nothing...and now I don't know how to restore the old app back...help?

Good call.. I didn't try restarting.. I'm also in the middle of trying out the Redemption Rom, so this will take a back seat for the time being:)

deleted the gmail apk with root explorer in system/app/gmail.apk and restarted phone, installed the version in the market place and successfully installed now.

yep, the deletion of the .apk and then restarting and installing the new one from the market seems to be the fix. i used titanium to delete it as stated by benson304. i am also using virtuous rom

ok so the article linked above says that it supports priority inbox, but I don't see it anywhere. Am I blind?

edit: nevermind. "Important" is one of the labels. I was expecting a similar layout to the desktop priority inbox. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom