• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GMAIL 2.3 in Market - Can't Install

Here is a link to engadget about it... doesn't say too much about it though:

Gmail for Android updated, becomes Market app -- Engadget

All I personally notice is this new little bar that allows you to 'star', reply, reply all, or forward more quickly.

Mine installed correctly and fast also, I did use system panel to kill the running Gmail app in the background first though. I too am really liking it. It took the extra step out of the reply process that was in 2.1.

Mine installed fine. I still am using K9 for my gmail (and other email), but the update is there if I ever want to go stock.

deleted the gmail apk with root explorer in system/app/gmail.apk and restarted phone, installed the version in the market place and successfully installed now.

I used root installer to try and unitstall it and it says that its read only and cant be deleted. What did you do?

ok for those having trouble i did this

went into manage applications and clicked gmail

then hit uninstall updates

it says it failed but then i went to run gmail and it wouldnt work and got an error message

so i went back to the market and installed the 2.3 and it went perfectly.

ok for those having trouble i did this

went into manage applications and clicked gmail

then hit uninstall updates

it says it failed but then i went to run gmail and it wouldnt work and got an error message

so i went back to the market and installed the 2.3 and it went perfectly.

ah yea...that didnt work for me at all. But it did make my old gmail app un usable now.

That trick got the app installed. Doesn't work for me. It won't sync my email. Other than that, it seems to work fine though.

Edit: 20 mins later it starts working for me. Seems like an upgrade, but I don't get much mail at night so I can't really say.

If you can't get it installed, do the following:

Go into Manage applications and uninstall all GMail updates.
Use Titanium Backup to uninstall Gmail.
Reboot phone.
Download new version of GMail from market.
Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom