• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail App and Contacts

Boomstk

Apr 2, 2010
Is it just me, but when you click on compose in the Gmail app, you cannot click on the TO: field to bring up contacts. If you start entering the persons name it shows me available options. But I want to be able to open my contacts and add from there.

Is it just me, but when you click on compose in the Gmail app, you cannot click on the TO: field to bring up contacts. If you start entering the persons name it shows me available options. But I want to be able to open my contacts and add from there.

Have you tried opening People, selecting a Contact and choosing Email? It then asks you to choose a default method for sending email (depending on how many email options you have)?

I agree being able to click "To" in the gmail app would be nice, but you can launch the app from People once you choose a contact.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones