• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail pros I need your help regarding deleting

Risley

How do I delete all my trash and spam emails at once? It looks like I need to check a single box and delete that email then proceed to the next email and check it to delete it. Can't I just put a checkmark somewhere and delete the entire spam or trash list?

Thanks

For me, the easiest way is to go to the website.
The app doesn't provide a mass deletion of emails.

Agree. I use Gmail almost exclusively and this is what I do to mass delete. Really the best option there is right now unfortunately.

Agree. I use Gmail almost exclusively and this is what I do to mass delete. Really the best option there is right now unfortunately.

Thank you both. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Hard to believe Google doesn't address this....Hellloooo Google:hmmmm:

Beside that, also very frustrating that Gmail app groups email conversation (in its own "fuzzy" logic way). In web based GUI you can disable it, but not in the phone app.

What I'm doing right now, for both Gmail and Yahoo mail - don't use the app!!! Just setup Gmail account under a regular Email account (provide your email and login, and everything else will be self configured). Than, you will have a nice clean interface with access to all folders and no ridiculous grouping. Plus, it allows you to use check box for groups (since email gets grouped by day it received, etc.). I didn't check trash folder, but its for sure available in Inbox (and most likely in trash as well). Makes your life easier!

Another tip, so you don't have to use Gmail GUI from the web, just enable IMAP mode, and on your laptop/desktop open it in Outlook ;)

Back
Top Bottom