• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GNM app or rom manager for accessing recovery?

bkw

Feb 23, 2014
Hi guys, last night I received my new C771. It shipped with M130. I have successfully rooted it and installed gnm recovery. Now, I know I can run adb reboot recovery to reboot the phone into recovery for making nand backups.

But is there a way to reboot into recovery that doesn't require adb? On my moto electrify, I have the ROM manager app installed that has a reboot into recovery menu option. But that phone also has clockwork mod flashed in the recovery. So, what I'm wondering is this:

1. Is there a GNM app that can be installed to give the reboot into recovery option?

2. If not, could I install the ROM manager app and use the reboot into recovery option, even though we are using GNM as the actual recovery?

Thanks!
Bryan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones