• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go SMS pro

hurricane630

Hey does go SMS pro have the pop up window like handcent? I use handcent and that is the biggest reason I use it is for he pop up window when I get a text. But I've heard a lot of good things about go SMS pro. So bid though I'd ask and maybe try it out.

Just to add: It also allows for a Private Box. Any contacts that you have set to that, won't pop up in the phone, just shows "Private Message" in the notification bar. Any "regular" messages will continue to pop up.

Just to add: It also allows for a Private Box. Any contacts that you have set to that, won't pop up in the phone, just shows "Private Message" in the notification bar. Any "regular" messages will continue to pop up.

You can also change what is displayed to say something else other than "private message"

I've never had an issue with it prompting for location, or tagging me in any messages. Hell, until you even mentioned it, I never even would've given it a second thought.

A lot may not. But I dont see it to be necessary for the SMS program I use to know my location. So I wont use it. LOL

I use handcent for feature like: can send long SMS instead of mms. Can send more than 10 people in one go. And the privacy box. I miss only one thing here I can't get detail delivery report here that when my sms deliver to any individual at what time.

Haven't try Gosms pro yet. Maybe they are same or better.

Is anyone else having issues with their private box? I can't access messages even when I input the correct password. It just loops back and asks me to reenter my password.

Mine is working fine, I was just using it yesterday

Damn. The only way I can see a message is if I send a message first to the recipient first (I only have two contacts in the private box so I have to guess who it's from). Not sure why mine has a glitch. And I can't see the private box threads to move a contact back into a non private message. Is there a workaround to move the contact back into the normal group?

There was an update to GO SMS (and I believe Handcent too), about a week or so after the LTE Launch, that updated them to handle ICS better, and since then, I haven't had any mixups.

I had GO SMS mix up a contact yesterday and uninstalled - can't have that. I had the same problem with Handcent - so back to stock messenger for me.

Has anyone experienced this with the pop up box in Go SMS Pro? When a new message comes in a blank box appears with unknown as the sender and the message counter on the right next to the "unknown" sender shows 1/2 messages. I swipe to the next message and there is the message with the sender's name.

Have had that a lot, seems to be random and happen for around 1 in 4 messages. Been happening for a while now