• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Going to try something but would like feed back

RolaAddict

Android Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2012
Virginia
I've got a friend that wants to put CWM on his Triumph but there is one problem.....the computer doesn't pick up the phone at all.Now I have flash image GUI that I used on an Optimus V to flash the CWM recovery on it.Here is my question.Seeing I can't get ANY computer to pick up the phone (used my cord that works with my computer and Triumph) if I install flash image GUI and take out the CWM recovery.img from the zip file can I use GUI to flash the image like I did with the Optimus V?I feel like I can but want to make sure.

no...

find a comptuer that works or dont do it at all

flash image wont flash the recovery correctly.

the triumph places its recovery on a different partition than the OV. the instructions for flashimage gui are for the ov. you really CAN mess up the triumph.

i havent done this, but i know just from going between the ov and a similar phone on another carrier, if the recovery partitions are in different places on internal storage, the same method on one phone WONT work on the other.

Upvote 0
no...

find a comptuer that works or dont do it at all

flash image wont flash the recovery correctly.
Thanks for the heads up.And I think the reason the phone won't show up is cause the micro USB port on the phone is messed up.I've done it to my first MOTO and surprisingly VM let me keep it lol.It will charge on the MOTO charger cord but hook it to the computer and you get nothing.Friend is having same issue.So I guess he will need replacement number 4 before I can go and flash CWM then :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones